Worst 5 pubs you've been in - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst 5 pubs you've been in

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

No idea of the name of the pub but once walked from the Renfrew Ferry towards Hampden.

Pub wasn't too far from the Ferry. Blue baize on the pool table and pictures of the Queen on the wall. A truly horrendous experience. 

Annie Millers?  Quite near St Enoch's?

33 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

No idea. Along a side street heading away from the river and city centre if that helps. 

The Souwester?? It's pretty much an Orange pub, last time I walked by it the had a sign up stating exactly what type of people would not be made to feel welcome. Its just up from th O2 academy (once the Carling Academy) if that helps.

Edited by goodguy

On 19 April 2016 at 1:47 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Ended up in a right dump in Gourock while waiting for the ferry recently. Cant mind the name though.

When I lived in Bridgeton for a while the pubs were interesting...

Flora and I were refused service in the Kempock - guy just told us to get oot :blush: .

1. McGinn's on Hope Street (Hope Street between Argyle Street and Waterloo Street must have the highest concentration of jakey pubs anywhere).

2. Star & Garter, Maryhill.

3. Boozer in Bradford where after being told beer of choice was unavailable the landlord said - 'you'll have this instead whether you like it or not'!

4. Any pub in central Blackpool.

5. Commercial Bar / Hotel (?), Dingwall - although it's many years since I was last there - to be fair it was so bad it actually bordered on genius.

Edited by Charlie Endell

On 20/04/2016 at 0:56 PM, Pool Q said:

Allowing for all Wetherspoons not being up to much, the Foot of the Walk in Leith is a real jakey ridden shitehole. Also made the mistake of going into the Dalmeny Bar on Leith Walk a couple of years back, it was right out of Irvine Welsh, with smashed glass all over the floor, and locals helping themselves to drink as the barmaid had passed out behind the bar. The Tam O'Shanter in Leith is probably just about the worst though, nipped in there a couple of times waiting for the bus, just a complete hole. Too many to mention in Glasgow, and the Port Customs in Stirling deserves a mention too.

aye - a horrible place full of horrible people

Edited by morrie21

2 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

5. Commercial Bar / Hotel (?), Dingwall - although it's many years since I was last there - to be fair it was so bad it actually bordered on genius.

Been a decade since I was in there. The old woman behind the bar just constantly went on about "bloody Muslims" as she poured your dash from a fusty old bottle of lemonade.

Must be late '90s / early '00s since I was last there - I'd be surprised if she's still alive never mind running the place. 

It didn't even have a till when I was there - she kept the money in a drawer - some dodgy character came in and tried to dip it when her back was turned. 

I'd been out the night before and had the runs - had no choice but to use the toilet, which was straight out of Trainspotting  

I'm sure it didn't even have a fridge - cans of coke were on a shelf - could be wrong on this point as like I said it was a long time ago. 

Edited by Charlie Endell

3 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

A controversial inclusion - especially with the omission of the Bee Bar.  An absolute hovel of an establishment with clientele to match. 

38 minutes ago, one t in scotland said:

A controversial inclusion - especially with the omission of the Bee Bar.  An absolute hovel of an establishment with clientele to match. 

I can't believe I overlooked the Bee Bar! It has no redeeming features whatsoever. Pubs in Perfh are very disappointing. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Endell said:

I can't believe I overlooked the Bee Bar! It has no redeeming features whatsoever. Pubs in Perfh are very disappointing. 

Legendary Sunday karaoke in that place. Many's a fine pikey I fingered from there. That and The Burns around the corner before ending the night in The Grill.

26 minutes ago, Charlie Endell said:

I give the charity tin in the Burns a body swerve :whistling: 

They were handing out free stovies after a visit to the racecourse once - very welcome they were. 

Aye, you obviously know the background with that story. Couple of theiving bastirts they are.

2 hours ago, scottcross said:

Hey Bankers is my local port of call when am in town.Was in there last night.

Shitehole imo bud, sorry. Tbf it didn't look like it was the worst from some of the places we walked past. Do you know a boozer called the Norfolk? Looked interesting. 

17 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Shitehole imo bud, sorry. Tbf it didn't look like it was the worst from some of the places we walked past. Do you know a boozer called the Norfolk? Looked interesting. 

Bottom of Dixon lane next to the old sheaf markets.Used to do my xmas shopping in the Norfolk,Hen and Chickens and the Cannon,

On 4/19/2016 at 1:53 PM, aaid said:

Its shutting down to become a booking office for Scotrail.  I always quite liked the Vale, good traditional pub with an excellent collection of sporting memorabilia.  Then again, I don't drink lager.

Passed this yesterday and must have shut over the weekend, if I'd known that I'd have braved the smell of pish gone in for a pint on Friday.