This Board Needs Tunes - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There is plenty room for people with different tastes in music and even those with none.

:lol: It was totally uncalled for - just seen your reply to his Guantanamera post, I'm going to have to watch it now, but fearing the worst ...

[edit: three minutes in - 'salright, I s'pose; not sure I'll manage 7:40 of it ...]

Edited by DonnyTJS

8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

You have until November to find a happy song.   Even Halleluja is miserable :D

:D  Halleluja is the very one I'm not fond of. It's been covered so much even Leonard began to detest it. 

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

It's only a suggestion, but if the board does relaunch (and on the safe assumption that Heuch starts a new 'This Board Needs Tunes' thread), how about no-one telling fringo about it?

Did you mean to say GrimJim :ph34r:

9 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Whit? I'm well aware that SilverBear knows his onions, but that's got to be Marianne F in the first snip from Girl on a Motorcycle, hasn't it?

Oh he does. It was more my ignorance believing the video montage was all Girl on a Motorcycle.:blush:

21 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

Oh he does. It was more my ignorance believing the video montage was all Girl on a Motorcycle.:blush:

Ah ... I see. Did you think one of the blokes bombing up the M1 and round the wall of death was Alain Delon?

Any road, check out Fripp's solo ...

22 hours ago, fringo said:

Another one I've probably posted before but also go on youtube and check out the numerous Playing For Change songs.

Lots of buskers and musicians all over the world organised/coordinated to play/record together from their hometowns.

Thanks.  I'm now stalking Diana Fuentes on YouTube.  Love the way she rolls her Rs.

19 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Thanks.  I'm now stalking Diana Fuentes on YouTube.  Love the way she rolls her Rs.

15 hours ago, G-Man said:

Thank you Fringo I'd never heard of these videos and now crossed eyed watching them all. Love this one, Grampa Elliott is a star and could listen to him and Roger Ridley all night. 

:ok:

19 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

:ok:

:guitar:

1 minute ago, DonnyTJS said:

Ah yes, a Mama Cass / Karen Carpenter hybrid would've been summat - longer lived if nowt else...

Aye, they had a lot of similarities. I think Karen probably has the better voice but I prefer the stuff that the Mamas and Papas did.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well, hadn't listened to this cos apparently he's an old racist vegan wnak (maybe need to stop reading MSM), still a bit disturbing, maybe some bands are singing about oldness, tis not bad. Jeez, Joey Barton as your nurse, hell exists.

Edited by Eisegerwind
missed a word

12 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

OK, in the interest of debugging the New TAMB, I'll post some more tunes.   Something cheerful and something old, and not too miserable either...

Nice one.

In reply here's an interesting version of a great original song.