EU Referendum - Page 39 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest flumax
1 minute ago, sjd1972 said:

The Scottish Parliament should declare independence.  No need for referendums.

Part of me agrees. But I would rather see a democratic solution. SNP didn't offer udi, so not appropriate 

3 hours ago, Scunnered said:

Jeebus bless the working class!

Well said !!  This Is very much a vote against the tory capitalist system by the ordinary people.  

Guest flumax
1 minute ago, buckielugger said:

Well said !!  This Is very much a vote against the tory capitalist system by the ordinary people.  

Aye, because Scotland is absent of working class. 

So we're looking at most of England, Wales, and half of NI voting Leave.

Scotland and the big English cities voting Remain.

Leave to win 52-48. Remain are not winning by big enough margins where they are, and Leave are romping home in the small English and Welsh councils.

A historic, but awful day.

Scotland is of course different because of NOt having Cameron as its main government now. It demonstrates how much Scotland now sees its own government as predominant. 

1 minute ago, buckielugger said:

oh don't talk fvcking nonsense.

this is not some ideological struggle against the Chicago school of economics, this is fundamentally an anti-immigrant jingoist vote brought about by the inherent arrogance of the English and perpetuated by the pro-Tory capitalist media.

Thankfully in the long term it will benefit and create an independent Scotland, and in the short term me off my betting.

But this is going to lead to a world of shit for a lot of people

They should've given 16-17 year olds a vote in this one like they did for the Scottish vote.  Why give pensioners more say on the future than those who it actually impacts? I've seen more leave posters and signs here in York than remain ones to be honest, but the latter are more visible in student areas where the former are more rurally located typically. 

They're talking as if it's already happened - financial bloodbaths - legislation negotiations

Cable and McConnell sounding serious - Cable not in denial that will cause probs for Holyrood legislation

Dugdale says indyref different as that was about "nationalism and families" :blink: she doesn't get it

Farage ranting - still sounds angry and talking about 'real people' - a bit disturbing

Edited by exile

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

oh don't talk fvcking nonsense.

this is not some ideological struggle against the Chicago school of economics, this is fundamentally an anti-immigrant jingoist vote brought about by the inherent arrogance of the English and perpetuated by the pro-Tory capitalist media.

Thankfully in the long term it will benefit and create an independent Scotland, and in the short term me off my betting.

But this is going to lead to a world of shit for a lot of people

the braying celebratory toad pus of Farrij says it all.

I'd far rather that it didn't take an event like this to get indyref2 and beyond

Scottish independence should come from a positive reason to vote for it

this will lead to independence from revulsion. it's not healthy