Panama papers - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Panama papers

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fishcumnock said:

Icelandic PM resigns 

Cameron says he hasn't got any accounts ,bearer bonds or shares in Panama .

He's guilty as fxxx ( Imo).

Not now he hasn't, he's already shifted them all to the Cayman Islands.

If not in his name then someone else's.

2 hours ago, antidote said:

Not now he hasn't, he's already shifted them all to the Cayman Islands.

If not in his name then someone else's.

Aye, he only needs to hide it for another few months until he hands the PM job onto Gideon then he can do what he wants. It would be better if somebody managed to track down Gideon's ill gotten gains. Or Boris's.

14 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

Cameron says he hasn't got any accounts ,bearer bonds or shares in Panama .

He's guilty as fxxx ( Imo).

He may be telling the truth but, as I heard someone say yesterday, without his old man's tax avoidance would he have gone to Eton, Cambridge, become Tory leader etc.?

It can't be said that he's not benefited...

Only two pages - says it all.

I have seen many people make the point that British people just accept this shit and worse than that actively excuse it. It got me wondering why - is it  because we have never managed to break the class system and we all "know our place"? or something else....

More info on Cameron

David Cameron intervened personally to prevent offshore trusts from being dragged into an EU-wide crackdown on tax avoidance, it has emerged.

In a 2013 letter to the then president of the European council, Herman Van Rompuy, the prime minister said that trusts should not automatically be subject to the same transparency requirements as companies.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/07/david-cameron-offshore-trusts-eu-tax-crackdown-2013?CMP=fb_gu

I sometimes have this fantasy that the monarch will turn round to all these tax havens that she's meant to be sovereign of and tell them that they're no longer British Terrorities Overseas and we don't want anything to do with their corrupt practices - I think the British thing is a flag of convenience.  If most ordinary Brits knew what goes on they'd tell them to go and do one.

36 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I cant see how he can worm his way out of this one,,, makes a brexit more possible if he resigns 

Yiu think Cameron will resign over this ? Not a chance,  the elites are already circling the wagons.

3 hours ago, antidote said:

David Cameron admits he did have stakes in his fathers investment fund, but sold his shares in 2010.

How can anyone trust him to deliver on tax avoidence.

http://archive.is/wAy0c 

If that article covers all of Cameron's wealth then he is probably less well off than some folk on the TAMB. I'm looking at you, Deecie.  :lol:  Where is all the rest of it hidden? 

They had a feature on tax in Norway on GMS yesterday. It's been in their constitution since the country became independent in the 19th century that everyone's tax returns are in the public domain. Presumably they would have been accessible via a library in the pre-internet days.

Consequently it's a more egalitarian society.

Although they did also outlaw having curtains in your house so you couldn't keep your affairs private!

Anyone with semi-decent digital graphics skills could doctor a genuine TAX return to include whatever they wanted in a matter of minutes.     

Cameron probably won't even need to get someone to do that and will ask order HMRC to create it 'officially'.  

21 hours ago, Lamia said:

Only two pages - says it all.

I have seen many people make the point that British people just accept this shit and worse than that actively excuse it. It got me wondering why - is it  because we have never managed to break the class system and we all "know our place"? or something else....

I think it's partly that as them that are better than us know better about these things and also the good old media who are more than willing to twist things whatever way the establishment wants

On 08/04/2016 at 8:49 AM, EddardStark said:

I've never understood why tax returns are kept private. In Norway tax returns are available to view on line for all.

Both Sweden and Norway had completely open tax returns but they have been gradually restricting it. Now you need to identify yourself to see a tax return and the person in question will receive a letter outlining who has seen their return.