The 0 Pointer - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 0 Pointer

GaryWood34

23 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

As stated, I'm pretty dubious about the accuracy of this list, but haven't kept my old emails to prove this.

Surely step 1 would be to issue all away tickets in that country. I have a mate who isn't even in the travel club, doesn't go at home, but has been to 5 or 6 away games in the last few years because of who his mates are. People like myself and the originator of this thread, are loyal supporters, but get no reward.

Okay, I could've went to Luxembourg, but holidays and money are limited, so I chose not to. Doesn't mean I should have no chance at any of the big games IMO.

What away games do you want to go to? I am going to take a guess at Wembley from the fact that you wanted to go to Brussels and to Dublin for the qualifier.

Btw, the comment about loyal supporters getting no reward, not quite true. Loyal supporters i.e. the ones who go to most games, get rewarded by getting first dibs at tickets for the upcoming games.

On the bolded part, correct, you shouldn't have no chance of the big games. But you should be behind the people who forked out money and used holidays to go to places like Luxembourg and Molde and Georgia and Warsaw for a friendly or Prague for a friendly.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

As stated, I'm pretty dubious about the accuracy of this list, but haven't kept my old emails to prove this.

I wrote it from memory, it's about right.

Theres a list on the SFA website if you care enough, but regardless if it's 15 or 20 games the point remains the same.

11 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

What away games do you want to go to? I am going to take a guess at Wembley from the fact that you wanted to go to Brussels and to Dublin for the qualifier.

Btw, the comment about loyal supporters getting no reward, not quite true. Loyal supporters i.e. the ones who go to most games, get rewarded by getting first dibs at tickets for the upcoming games.

On the bolded part, correct, you shouldn't have no chance of the big games. But you should be behind the people who forked out money and used holidays to go to places like Luxembourg and Molde and Georgia and Warsaw for a friendly or Prague for a friendly.

Fair enough, but what about the "loyal" supporters who buy tickets and don't even travel?

This is my issue.

No issue with guys who are willing to remortgage their house to go to a friendly in Florida. They deserve tickets more than I do.

1 hour ago, ghtresa said:

Surely step 1 would be to issue all away tickets in that country. I have a mate who isn't even in the travel club, doesn't go at home, but has been to 5 or 6 away games in the last few years because of who his mates are. People like myself and the originator of this thread, are loyal supporters, but get no reward.

Okay, I could've went to Luxembourg, but holidays and money are limited, so I chose not to. Doesn't mean I should have no chance at any of the big games IMO.

It does. 

Dont talk pish. If I'm going all over to watch games,some little upstart shouldn't be getting a ticket before me for Wembley etc. 

Need to serve your time,not get it handed to you in a plate. 

On 8 March 2016 at 0:54 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Without wanting to sound like a smart @rse, the last campaign was when you should have started. We had a group where tickets for Gib and Georgia away were pretty easy to get, Germany we got a decent allocation as we also did in Warsaw and Dublin. 

By going to Wembley and Nigeria, both in London, both open to all members, you would have got a ticket in Germany, been on 3 points, would have got a ticket for Warsaw, been on 4 points, guaranteed you a ticket for Dublin, been on 5, would have got 2 points for Georgia and Gib and currently been on 7 ahead of the friendlies and qualifiers. However, hindsight and all that.

The upcoming campaign is going to be harder with pretty small allocations in Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania definitely and possibly a smaller allocation at Wembley. 

It would also appear that people are possibly harvesting in Prague with Wembley, and maybe the other qualifiers in mind. As for the other 2 friendlies, Italy in Malta should certainly go to 0 points, would be very surprised if that doesn't. France away may not however. Its a Saturday evening in June in a relatively easy to get to to place so I can see there being points needed for it even with a decent allocation. 

That is exactly how me n the Mrs got on the points ladder bought season tickets to be guaranteed tickets to the England away game first point got hooked n u told the rest of our story on 7 and we'll still be in 7 after Prague (then the England point drops off)

9 minutes ago, jcs said:

That is exactly how me n the Mrs got on the points ladder bought season tickets to be guaranteed tickets to the England away game first point got hooked n u told the rest of our story on 7 and we'll still be in 7 after Prague (then the England point drops off)

There you go, perfect example for the "can't get on the points ladder" brigade. It obviously involves a bit of sacrifice in terms of money and holidays but it's doable.

11 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

There you go, perfect example for the "can't get on the points ladder" brigade. It obviously involves a bit of sacrifice in terms of money and holidays but it's doable.

My first two away games were Italy and France in 2007 (both World Cup finalists) and I've never been off the points ladder since.

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I go to say 4 away games every year with my wife & son. The difference is I don't go to club football or the pub every Fri/Sat night but still manage a family holiday in the sun every year as well. People have got to make choices.

Everybody who currently has 1 point or more had 0 points at some stage, so it's not a vicious circle as the OP states.

If you really want to get on the points ladder you'll get on. My advice - don't be fussy about the away games you go to, especially friendlies.

9 hours ago, ghtresa said:

Fair enough, but what about the "loyal" supporters who buy tickets and don't even travel?

This is my issue.

No issue with guys who are willing to remortgage their house to go to a friendly in Florida. They deserve tickets more than I do.

Remember when you had tae prove being there hotel bookings flights tram tickets etc dae you think that's a fairer way?

13 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Only if you had to 

I never had to but it was the fundamental problem with that system and I told the SFA that at the time.

England used to do this.  Even before online check-in, I know a guy who watches England and they had a scam running with someone who worked at Heathrow and would print out fake boarding passes.

41 minutes ago, aaid said:

I never had to but it was the fundamental problem with that system and I told the SFA that at the time.

England used to do this.  Even before online check-in, I know a guy who watches England and they had a scam running with someone who worked at Heathrow and would print out fake boarding passes.

That's verging on international terrorism in this day and age 

5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

That's verging on international terrorism in this day and age 

They were only dummies, you couldn't actually get on a plane with them but you could send them in as proof and the FA wouldn't know any different.

For example they could print you off a BA boarding card that said Mr Bonzo was on flight BA123 to Prague on 25th March. 

21 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Nonsense,  someone ALWAYS starts the thread.

Indeed, it's as regular as the setting of the sun. 

It has been pointed out, if you want points, you will get them. Points mean prizes. Only game I missed out on was Macedonia in 2008. (Although I managed to get into the home end).

Been going to away games, on and off at first, since 2003 (Germany away), then went to Cardiff friendly in 2004 and then Milan in 2005 and Lithuania in 2006. Not that many points back them but went on to more and more. Now on 7 points and barring Lithuania (which I didn't fancy going back to, I'll be sorted for tickets for this campaign.

J

I don't think it's an issue.  On zero points and not been to game in 5 years due to being in South Africa.       Once I am back in Scotland will go to low profile games (which are great fun).  Even if we had qualified for France would have just bought tickets with money not spent this last 5 years.   Was never one for friendlies so never above 6 points.   

Current process is best if we weed  out harvesters.  

11 hours ago, peever1745 said:

Im a high end pointer but still think a % of away tickets should go to a ballot so every member gets a fair chance.

So who should miss out? 

On 10 March 2016 at 2:14 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

They should be binned if caught.

How do you catch them? 

3 hours ago, tam4ritchie said:

So who should miss out? 

How do you catch them? 

Lot of them have big mouths and even tell u they have applied fortickets for games they ain't going to. 

Clype pe line would work for me.  Folk buying spares could also Clyde them in.