Venue and how to get there ? - Page 2 - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue and how to get there ?

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

Two hours by plane maybe.  Got the train back from Zagreb to Venice in 2000 and it was the best part of 12 hours. 

Train from Venice to Ljubljana takes about 6 1/2 hours. 

Driving is just over 2 hours, although if someone is planning on driving then flying into Trieste would be a better option.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/11/2016 at 4:20 PM, dounbytartanarmy said:

Anybody thought of flying to Venice? Seems it's only 2 hours from Ljubliana and there will be a lot more flights going there I would have thought. And Venice will be wet, just like Scotland!

I've done it before, there's a how to guide on Seat 61. It's a great route if you're not in a rush.

Edinburgh - Vienna (Jet2), then train down to Graz for a night there (2.5 hours direct train and handy if the game is in Maribor, but two direct trains per day to Ljubljana).

Train down to Zagreb day after the match (or direct bus from Maribor if there) with a 10pm Croatian Airlines flight to Sarajevo..... wind my way through Bosnia to get down to Dubrovnik, then got Dubrovnik-Stansted (Jet2) and Stansted-Glasgow (Ryanair)

3 hours ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Amazed that anyone can summon the enthusiasm to get booked up for this at the minute!

That said no doubt in a few weeks I'll be on Skyscanner

Same! It would make me even more depressed than I am already knowing I have threw even more money away at that useless shower of sh!te :lol:

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Edinburgh - Vienna (Jet2), then train down to Graz for a night there (2.5 hours direct train and handy if the game is in Maribor, but two direct trains per day to Ljubljana).

Train down to Zagreb day after the match (or direct bus from Maribor if there) with a 10pm Croatian Airlines flight to Sarajevo..... wind my way through Bosnia to get down to Dubrovnik, then got Dubrovnik-Stansted (Jet2) and Stansted-Glasgow (Ryanair)

I resemble some of that lol

We do the same till match day, then on the Monday we go to Zagreb (maybe after a morning trip to Lake Bled if game not in Maribor!) and fly home from there on the Wednesday :ok:

On 11/6/2016 at 2:14 PM, LondonScottish said:

4 us meeting in Charles De Gaulle (from Aberdeen, Glasgow and London) on the Friday and flying to Ljubljana on Air France at 1pm.

whats your flight no mate? I'm not seeing that one at all

cheers

18 hours ago, DeeRus said:

I resemble some of that lol

We do the same till match day, then on the Monday we go to Zagreb (maybe after a morning trip to Lake Bled if game not in Maribor!) and fly home from there on the Wednesday :ok:

Looking into a wee visit here too as flights no to late on.

• 1 month later...

Booked up for this one now - going for Zagreb too as looks like an easy journey from there to Ljubljana or Maribor when venue is confirmed. Fly out via Heathrow on the Saturday with British Airways and Croatia Airlines. Back on the Monday again with BA via Heathrow. 

Edited by jcluk

On 15/11/2016 at 9:44 AM, scot scotland scottish said:

Amazed that anyone can summon the enthusiasm to get booked up for this at the minute!

That said no doubt in a few weeks I'll be on Skyscanner

I missed the last two trips to Slovenia so had been looking forward to this but won't be booking up for a "dead rubber" match. Would rather use the money for a family holiday.

• 1 month later...
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Planning ahead . Where will this game be played ?

Want to get in early for flights ,  What's the best route to get there , and airlines that fly to Slovenia .

4 of us flying from Edinburgh to Venice on the Wednesday, staying a couple of days there and then getting a GoOpti transfer from Venice to Ljubiana on the Friday and then vice versa Monday morning after the game.

• 3 weeks later...

booked up for this one now:

edi - brussels on the friday stay the night there then on to Ljubljana on the sat morning where we'll stay for 3 nights. fly back to edi via amsterdam on the tuesday £400 all in also includes return transfers to and from Ljubljana airport to our hotel.

looking forward to this one

Booked Easyjet direct to Ljubljana from Gatwick and booked an apartment for three nights in city centre. Great place to visit and very friendly locals, 'dead rubber' or not - this is one away game not to miss :spin:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:23 PM, torontoarab said:

whats your flight no mate? I'm not seeing that one at all

cheers

FLIGHT     AF 1186 - AIR FRANCE                           FRI 06 OCTOBER 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTURE: PARIS, FR (CHARLES DE GAULLE), TERMINAL 2G -          06 OCT 12:45

AEROGARE 2 TERMINAL G

ARRIVAL:   LJUBLJANA, SI (JOZE PUCNIK)                           06 OCT 14:30

LAST CHECK IN TIME: 12:15

RESERVATION CONFIRMED, ECONOMY (V)                 DURATION: 01:45

The flight details are above..

Edited by LondonScottish
couldnt see text

• 2 months later...

We are going to book Go Opti as well (3 of us in Vienna Saturday morning from Edinburgh (Easyjet flight) arriving at 10.25 am if anybody else on that flight), waiting to see where game will be played first before booking this as it's pay up front and non-returnable. Saves the hassle of the train and changing at Villach as I think we will miss the direct train. Prices are reasonable for the transfers at the moment. Flying back from Zagreb via Brussels to Edinburgh on the Wednesday

12 minutes ago, Tartan Queen said:

We are going to book Go Opti as well (3 of us in Vienna Saturday morning from Edinburgh (Easyjet flight) arriving at 10.25 am if anybody else on that flight), waiting to see where game will be played first before booking this as it's pay up front and non-returnable. Saves the hassle of the train and changing at Villach as I think we will miss the direct train. Prices are reasonable for the transfers at the moment. Flying back from Zagreb via Brussels to Edinburgh on the Wednesday

Game confirmed as Ljubljana last night