Partick vs Aberdeen rearranged - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Partick vs Aberdeen rearranged

Finding the anger and rage for some of the more 'excitable' Aberdeen fans about this date highly amusing.

Apparently it should have been played on the Scottish Cup weekend.

Looking at Thistle's fixtures, that would have been a bit difficult seeing as they've got their rearranged fixture at Tynecastle already scheduled for that date.

Cheers. I'm too lazy to google :lol:

It's probably the most convenient game for me to attend right now, due to where i'm working. So i will probably go, a wee day out in Glasgow on a saturday afternoon would've been better though... 

Would it not have made more sense (if they ever wished to consider fans) (which they never do) to have perhaps had farts playing at home to Thistle on the Tuesday night and give Thistle a home Saturday game against Aberdeen on the 5th March? Or have Thistle already got a rearranged game on the Saturday? 

Parklife we can have a more sober version of Friday on the Tuesday though!!!

1 hour ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Would it not have made more sense (if they ever wished to consider fans) (which they never do) to have perhaps had farts playing at home to Thistle on the Tuesday night and give Thistle a home Saturday game against Aberdeen on the 5th March? Or have Thistle already got a rearranged game on the Saturday? 

Parklife we can have a more sober version of Friday on the Tuesday though!!!

Celtic and The Rangers are both at home that weekend aren't they?

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Celtic and The Rangers are both at home that weekend aren't they?

Rangers at home at 12.30 on the Saturday, Celtic playing on the Sunday, so I assume that's why the Thistle v Aberdeen game is on the Tuesday rather than the Saturday. Thistle and Rangers regularly both play at home on a Saturday though so not sure it would have been a problem.

It would seem to make more sense to have had Thistle v Aberdeen on the Sat and Hearts v Thistle on the Tuesday if you're taking the travelling fans into account, but this is the SPFL we're talking about. It would have been better for Thistle financially to have Aberdeen on the Sat.

25 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

BT have the rights to Champions League, so there's two chances of that happening.

Aye, but it means RedTV and lessor channels like SKY can broadcast.

I'll be able to watch from the comfort of my own house.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Can still show the Famous, if the game has been rearranged from a previous time that didn't clash with the Champions League it is allowed to be shown.

Any links that reference this?   It sounds so bizarre that it's probably true. 

19 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Any links that reference this?   It sounds so bizarre that it's probably true. 

I'm sure it is true, that was how an English game was on last season.

Was discussed on sportsound before Cup replays.

Dont normally talk down Scottish football, but can't see sky picking it up. "I know we lost the champions league to BT, but this week we've got Partick Thistle V Aberdeen on a ploughed field"

:lol:

2 hours ago, one t in scotland said:

Indeed. Of course Fir Park is long renowned for a bowling green style surface. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/spl-launch-investigation-into-state-of-fir-1051390

Topical!

:P

Motherwell were quite rightly slated for the state of our pitch, and have spent a lot of money on improving it!

Ignore him he only ever seems to pop up to have a go at Motherwell.

To clarify

1. Yes we should have been relegated
2. Yes we should have went bust

3. Yes our pitch was a disgrace for a good few seasons

4. Yes we shouldn't have been allowed to sign Craigan

As you were.