Favourite away stadium as a Scotland fan? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Favourite away stadium as a Scotland fan?

bonzo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

I remember the queue for the beer stand at HT being about 10 times the length of the queue for food & soft drinks :lol::beer2:

We left 5 mins before HT to beat the queues and missed their equalizer. We then decided we would squeeze in a 2nd beer and ended up missing Scotland's 2nd goal!

There's absolutely no chance you got the beers in ye greedy bassa :D 

Faroe Islands in 04 for me! Great comeback by Scotland...

17 hours ago, ByronLoon1986 said:

There's absolutely no chance you got the beers in ye greedy bassa :D 

Faroe Islands in 04 for me! Great comeback by Scotland...

...this coming from the guy who hasn't bought a round since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978 :lol::beer2:

Dortmund, just before the vote.

The anticipation was unreal.

I had flown in from australia for the game and was on the train from bochum with one of my german mates talking about how i had been in touch with Kumnio and hoped to see him later in the day. We then look out the window at another train coming into dortmund from dusseldorf and here's kumnio hanging out the window looking like absolute shit. 

Went to Strobels for the gig then into the home end for the game, behind the dugouts, missed the anthems, great atmosphere and practiced my german on the locals.

I liked both the stadiums in Paris, Milan, Dortmund and the old Wembley didn't like Bari a soulless concrete bowl in the middle of nowhere, Stadio Delle Alpi where I had a £50 (in 1990) ticket bang on the centre line and was still too far away from the park and the Wankdorf in Berne (though that's been rebuilt).

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Ulevi was my first away game so will always have a soft spot for it.  Dortmund as excellent.

Are you sure you're not talking about the Aberdeen win against Real Madrid at the Ullevi to win the European CW Cup?

1 minute ago, deecie said:

Are you sure you're not talking about the Aberdeen win against Real Madrid at the Ullevi to win the European CW Cup?

I never realised Aberdeen had won the CWC.  You should do more to get that message out there.

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

After the friendly in Stockholm group of us headed down to Gothenburg. Went to the stadium for a wee look where we found a side door opened.

Couple of photos pitch side before the stadium caretaker came up to chase us away, noticed the Dons tops and signed before muttering "ok, this way for the stadium tour....." :lol:

The new stadium built a couple of streets down was actually really smart.

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

After the friendly in Stockholm group of us headed down to Gothenburg. Went to the stadium for a wee look where we found a side door opened.

Couple of photos pitch side before the stadium caretaker came up to chase us away, noticed the Dons tops and signed before muttering "ok, this way for the stadium tour....." :lol:

The new stadium built a couple of streets down was actually really smart.

Club colours on a Scotland trip - poor show.