Kendrick Lamar -To Pimp A Butterfly - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kendrick Lamar -To Pimp A Butterfly

An absolute masterpiece aye. There are hundreds and thousands of fantastic hip hop albums out there, but this is possibly the only one which I have thought is as good, if not better than Illmatic by Nas. I'm really hoping he tours this summer as his live shows look superb.

His first two albums, Section 80 and Good Kid m.A.A.D City are brilliant as well.

An absolute masterpiece aye. There are hundreds and thousands of fantastic hip hop albums out there, but this is possibly the only one which I have thought is as good, if not better than Illmatic by Nas. I'm really hoping he tours this summer as his live shows look superb.

His first two albums, Section 80 and Good Kid m.A.A.D City are brilliant as well.

I've came to the party late but by I'm there now.

I downloaded TPAB for coming down to London this weekend but his other stuff is getting downloaded tomorrow because he's that good .Better than Kanye ?

Been listening to De La Soul 3 Feet High & Rising as well this weekend .

I think it might be satirical as Kayne West seemed to be some sort of benchmark.

It was going well until that point (although College Dropout was a great album, he's been dire since then though).

Never had you down as a Kendrick Lamar fan, TJ.

It was going well until that point (although College Dropout was a great album, he's been dire since then though).

Just like music B and it's a bloody great album.Most music critics have it as their album of the year and after listening to it I couldn't argue.

Yeezus is a good album btw

I think Kanyes albums have been consistently good. I think people over look his music ability as a result of the fact that he's an attention seeking loonball. Yeezus is a work of genius, no doubts about it.

I think Kanyes albums have been consistently good. I think people over look his music ability as a result of the fact that he's an attention seeking loonball. Yeezus is a work of genius, no doubts about it.

Nah. I'm not having that. I'll give you Late Registration as being alright.

Graduation was complete and utter excrement though. Proper ear bleeding, meaningless, voice synthesiser enfused dung. No way can anyone seriously argue otherwise, surely? (Although Flashing Lights is a decent track).

Since then I've not given him a listen. Any snippets of songs I've heard have been as garbage as I expected.

He's trying to appeal to mass market, I get that. It's saw a massive degeneration in quality though. Massive.

Nah. I'm not having that. I'll give you Late Registration as being alright.

Graduation was complete and utter excrement though. Proper ear bleeding, meaningless, voice synthesiser enfused dung. No way can anyone seriously argue otherwise, surely? (Although Flashing Lights is a decent track).

Since then I've not given him a listen. Any snippets of songs I've heard have been as garbage as I expected.

He's trying to appeal to mass market, I get that. It's saw a massive degeneration in quality though. Massive.

Give Yeezus a listen, it might change your mind.

Listened to TPAB on the way in to work this morning - got about halfway through before I parked up (up to the start of Momma) It is a brilliant album. Very reminiscent of early Kanye before he let celebrity get in the way, touch of Snoop in there too on one of the tracks near the start of the album.

They talk about jezzus album or whatever its called. the first song is called "on sight"

It starts with an auto-tuned version of the noise played by the Autobot base when the dinobots attacked it in series two of transformers the cartoon.

Then you have this "poem" lets see what auto-correct does to it. EDIT: Hashtags equal the "F Word" what a poem this is to a sick beat of dizzy 3 loading.

Yeezy season approachin'
###### whatever y'all been hearin'
###### what, ###### whatever y'all been wearin'
A monster about to come alive again
Soon as I pull up and park the Benz
We get this bitch shaking like Parkinsons
Take my number and lock it in
Indian hair, no moccasins
It's too many hoes in this house of sin
Real nigga back in the house again
Black Timbs all on your couch again
Black dick all in your spouse again
And I know she like chocolate men
She got more niggas off than Cochran,
hah!

[Hook]
On sight, on sight

[bridge]
How much do I not give a ######?
Let me show you right now 'fore you give it up

How much do I not give a ######?
Let me show you right now 'fore you give it up

[interlude]
He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want

[Verse 2]
Baby girl tryna get a nut
And her girl tryna give it up
Chopped 'em both down

Don't judge 'em, Joe Brown
One last announcement
No sports bra, let's keep it bouncin'

Everybody wanna live at the top of the mountain
Took her to the 'Bleau, she tried to sip the fountain
That when David Grutman kicked her out
But I got her back in and put my dick in her mouth

[Hook]
On sight, on sight

[interlude]
Uh-huh
Uh-huh
Uh-huh
Uh-huh

[Outro]
Right now
I need right now

Edited by phart

He goes on about racism but he must be the biggest one out there. His Taylor Swift jackass moment was pure racism. Totally horrible little ba$tard IMHO. The vanity that pours out of him is mind bending. I watched him on Jools Holland when Yeezus came out and I was laughing at it, amazed that so many rate it. It was spinal tap'esque. The guy is a clown.

ps. Yeezus is the clue, the man is a walking messiah complex, he honestly believes this I reckon.

Edited by thplinth

The whole Kanye West thing mystifies me as much as his fat arse ulgy bitch wife thing and her mutant family of khunts. Surely you cannot take this intensely vain pudgy foot faced moron seriously?!

Dont explain. I'll never get it in a million years.

This comment wins.