That Dele Alli Goal, Though - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That Dele Alli Goal, Though

Ah the memories. Reminds me of my first visit to Ibrox - 1979 Tennents Caledonian cup - Beating Rangers on pens to win it after beating Brighton on the Friday night. Was 2-2 and Davie Cooper had his pen saved in the shoot out. Was back at Rugby Park to seethe team off the bus with the silverware.

12 years old, thinking - hey this football thingy is quite good, up to Glasgow, beat Rangers in a cup final, and back home with a trophy. We must be quite good :um-no:

yes mate. Its times like this I wished I kept a diary or collected programs. Memories fade fast.

Aye, that was a good one as well but still not as good as Davie Cooper's.

didn't think it was too bad, the 2-2 and the 4-5 (games I watched in the pub) were great

Like every other league on the planet it has its awful games and its great games, the difference is that the EPL/Sky hype up the snooze fests in England. I actually think there's too much of it on tv.

A game of football doesn't need 22 millionaires for it to be entertaining. The most entertaining match I've seen this season was in the highland league, of course the individual quality of each player is way way down on an EPL player but it was still brilliant to watch, end to end stuff from start to finish.

Like every other league on the planet it has its awful games and its great games, the difference is that the EPL/Sky hype up the snooze fests in England. I actually think there's too much of it on tv.

A game of football doesn't need 22 millionaires for it to be entertaining. The most entertaining match I've seen this season was in the highland league, of course the individual quality of each player is way way down on an EPL player but it was still brilliant to watch, end to end stuff from start to finish.

I think you are spot on with that. It's all about personal taste I suppose. In terms of live games I've watched more and more Scottish stuff the last few years.

I still watch the EPL but it's usually Goals on Sunday as they have pretty decent guests on.

I thought it was yourself too.

That was the first season I remember following the FA Cup, I just assumed Orient were one of the main teams in England. I don't think they've done anything since!

Do I really come across as a bloke who'd've been wearing an Admiral tracksuit in the days when dodgy 'tashes were acceptable?

Kitchen was and always will be my footballing hero. As you say, Orient haven't done a fat lot since then, other than ensuring that Barry Hearn isn't as rich as he otherwise would be.

Do I really come across as a bloke who'd've been wearing an Admiral tracksuit in the days when dodgy 'tashes were acceptable?

Kitchen was and always will be my footballing hero. As you say, Orient haven't done a fat lot since then, other than ensuring that Barry Hearn isn't as rich as he otherwise would be.

Has he really pumped big money into them? Genuine question, as I really don't have a clue what his relationship with the club is.

Good goal, but not even the best goal I saw this weekend.

Was at St Andrews on Saturday and saw this rocket:

Then down in Dover yesterday and saw this:

(Thankfully we came back & won!)

Good goal, but not even the best goal I saw this weekend.

Was at St Andrews on Saturday and saw this rocket:

Then down in Dover yesterday and saw this:

(Thankfully we came back & won!)

Both great strikes, but a different kind of good goal.

The Delle Alli one was reminiscent of Gazza at Euro '96. The Gazza one was such a big goal aswell because of the occasion and timing in the game.

The Gwrry Britton one looks like it takes him 2 touches to control the ball, rather than him flicking it over the players!

:lol: