Metz A No Go - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Metz A No Go

big clarky

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not playing the Italians their last three friendlies are sorted against Spain,Germany and Finland.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/02/italy-remain-outside-of-the-top-10-in-fifa-rankings/

That doesn't say we are not playing Italy. They have 2 games in March, v Spain & Germany ,and their last friendly before the Euros is on 6th June v Finland. Still time for them to arrange another game at end of May. Most competing nations are playing a couple of games prior to the tournament, would be odd therefore for Italy to only play one game.

Italian FA confirmed it as well only three left as have a number of the press outlets in Italy.

Will have to wait and see unless the ITK came spread some light on it.

They do only have three left.... At the moment. There was a recent article saying they were looking for an away game on 29th May.

Have heard there will be a third away game in the space of 7 days.

Italy in Switserland on the sunday, another away game location unknown in the middle of that week and then Metz on that saturday.

Not ruling out that midweek game being at home, but I their is a strong suggestion that it will be away.

The SFA want to announce all three games at once and have not tied up the midweek game.

I agree that would mean a minimum of 7 away games in one year which is alot of holidays and browny points.

Edited by big clarky

Be nice to know if any games before or after

Suspect with the French FA confirming this that the SFA will also be soon announcing something (France game for sure.... just a case of will they announce two games or just one with a note saying a 2nd announcement to follow)

What is the closest I'm to lazy to use google lol

I would assume Luxembourg.

Though not direct from Scotland, Frankfurt Hahn airport is ideal for there (might even be direct buses from there to Metz.....).

Used my Avios points to get Glasgow-Heathrow-Luxembourg on the Thursday afternoon, train down to Metz on the Friday and then Easyjet Basel-Edinburgh late on the Sunday afternoon.

I would assume Luxembourg.

Though not direct from Scotland, Frankfurt Hahn airport is ideal for there (might even be direct buses from there to Metz.....).

Used my Avios points to get Glasgow-Heathrow-Luxembourg on the Thursday afternoon, train down to Metz on the Friday and then Easyjet Basel-Edinburgh late on the Sunday afternoon.

There's a bus from Hahn to Lixembourg train station. There's also a bus to Metz from Charleoi.

There's a bus from Hahn to Lixembourg train station. There's also a bus to Metz from Charleoi.

As the crow flies, there is something like 4/5 airports within a 200-300 mile radius with direct flights to Scotland, so it is actually not all that bad..... just a case of some of these options involve silly amounts of times on trains and buses.