Costs Of Travel To Football Games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Costs Of Travel To Football Games

ends 31/1.

That's what they are saying but it's worse than they're letting on.

I'm on the Gla-Lon Feb 5th and then back 9th and I'm not expecting it to be fixed.I hope I'm wrong though.

If you are coming up midweek check the megabus website for Virgin train deals.I think it only goes as far as Wigan Bank Quay from Glasgow but you get £3 fares up and down.

That's what they are saying but it's worse than they're letting on.

I'm on the Gla-Lon Feb 5th and then back 9th and I'm not expecting it to be fixed.I hope I'm wrong though.

If you are coming up midweek check the megabus website for Virgin train deals.I think it only goes as far as Wigan Bank Quay from Glasgow but you get £3 fares up and down.

cheers for the info. Will look out for that. annoying that train line never had this info at the point of booking online.

I was at the station this morning as my wife & son were supposed to be getting the train to Edinburgh. Apparently there are at least 4 stress fractures at the Lamington Viaduct & looks likely to be at least 4 months of bus replacements.

Will this effect my big day out in Annan?

No. The Scotrail service is still ok. That's on a different line. :ok:

I thought the Scotrail service was now a bus replacement to allow the bearded one to use the line? Virgin are running trains to Carlisle via Dumfries (stopping at Kilmarnock only). Edited by Charlie Endell

Bus replacement then if you are coming from Glasgow/Edinburgh.

WHAT?!

There's already a bus replacement service between Dundee and Edinburgh.

I'm not going on a journey that has 3 separate bus replacement services.

What a load of pish.

I knew I should have flown to Manchester and then got the train up.

I really hate Annan.

Aye with Virgin tickets you can jump on Scotrail trains and Trans Penine have buses, hopefully it's not for 4 months as stated earlier that's not good news!!!

cheers for the info. Will look out for that. annoying that train line never had this info at the point of booking online.

Aye, they're s like that.

I had to get a train to Leeds just before Xmas. Due to the flooding, I knew my train was going to be 30-60 minutes late into Carlisle meaning I'd miss my connection (20 minutes). I contacted them the day before to ask if I could travel on the earlier train to mitigate that.

They said my ticket was only valid on the train if booked, but if (in reality when) it all goes tits up I can claim compensation. Also at that point, you can pretty much take any route you like. I'd rather get where I'm going for the time I wanted to be there, than get £8 of train vouchers, but you need to wait until you're late before they want to know, even though they are telling you on their own website they're going to be late.

My previous attempt at training it to York was equally disastrous, was 2 hours late for a 3 hour meeting.

On both occasions it wasn't the fault of the train people, but has put me right off.

If I drive and I'm late, I probably didn't leave early enough....