The Born Here V Not Born Here 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Born Here V Not Born Here 11

JagDude

Anya was born here you numpty. Steven Fletcher wasn't!!!......at least reseach properly before starting a thread.

Aye, fair enough. Next time i'll do some proper research before posting on an online forum. Should be the folk considered Scottish against the folk not considered Scottish.

Same old chestnut. Under your simple terms I wouldn't be considered Scottish just because my mother gave birth to me elsewhere.

Anybody that considers themselves Scottish is Scottish in my book. I was merely trying to start a thread to compare two different teams, one from the traditional international rules and one from the new rules, then consider which is the better team.

Could have made that clearer, wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Anybody that considers themselves Scottish is Scottish in my book. I was merely trying to start a thread to compare two different teams, one from the traditional international rules and one from the new rules, then consider which is the better team.

Could have made that clearer, wasn't trying to offend anyone.

So if a guy from America told you he was Scottish purely because he had one Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather that came from Scotland - he'd be Scottish ?

People can call themselves anything they want, it's not my business.

Fair enough.

Personally if I met someone with such a remote link (like the one I described) to Scotland, who seriously claimed they were Scottish (when they really aren't), I'd find that a bit sad if I'm honest.

So if a guy from America told you he was Scottish purely because he had one Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather that came from Scotland - he'd be Scottish ?

By my experience he'd probably have a Scottish name but argue with you it was Irish!

By my experience he'd probably have a Scottish name but argue with you it was Irish!

I actually must confess that until a few years ago I was one of them !

My mothers name is Boyne which I had always lazily assumed was Irish, but then I found out it first originated in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire :-))

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I actually must confess that until a few years ago I was one of them !

My mothers name is Boyne which I had always lazily assumed was Irish, but then I found out it first originated in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire :-))

I get it daily here. I mean daily. Guys stand and argue with me that names like McKenzie, Mackintosh, etc. are all Irish. Everyone here is absolutely conditioned to be Irish it's all they strive for. No interest in anything else. It's kind of like Tims in Scotland.