Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, DonnyTJS said:

The faults of the media do not mitigate, excuse or in any way effect Trump fitness to be president. The man cannot string a coherent sentence together. I think this is symptomatic of an inability to focus, to think things through in depth, rationally to weigh up pros and cons. He is vocally inarticulate because he is cognitively inarticulate.

Months ago it was argued on here by some that the problem with Trump wasn't so much Trump, more the people around him. He doesn't have the focus to be an ideologue. Like a child he is focused on himself, hence his apparent inability to take setbacks calmly, without lashing out. Also like a child he is easily led, and he has plenty of highly focused ideologues surrounding him now. Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem? Trump couldn't give a stuff about that and has no conception of the symbolism and its ramifications, but those around him know fine well what it means.

The Eddie Mair interview that G-man linked to on the previous page brings this out, but it was discernible from his performances in the debates, and his use of Twitter makes it plainer still. He's a liability - and it's going to be a long four years...

Being reported that Trump is to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, making the US the only country in the world to do so. Possibly the most stupid thing he has yet done in foreign policy. Cretinous.

29 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Being reported that Trump is to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, making the US the only country in the world to do so. Possibly the most stupid thing he has yet done in foreign policy. Cretinous.

Aye that's not going to cause any problems. It's almost like he is trying to encourage terrorism......

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Also "Russia-gate" is turning into "Israeli-gate" as Comney investigation goes deeper. Kushner involved in settlements, with the above deceleration legitimizing them, in the sense that the US recognizing Jerusalem tacitly recognises the illegal settlements as well.

This gives zero political solutions for Palestine either. So eventually someone will fire a rocket which will get a massive response and ignite something in the region again.

3 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aye that's not going to cause any problems. It's almost like he is trying to encourage terrorism......

Clearly all out war on the Muslim World is the objective

"I say we take off and Nuke the entire site from orbit - It's the only way to be sure"

38 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

I thought someone was to take him out by now ?

Could still happen as could impeachment but the alternative which everyone fails to point out is Pence

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/05/us-trade-deficit-china-280949

31 minutes ago, jailender said:

He really does seem to want to escalate the Middle East situation. Could get messy very soon.

Going by US right wing commentators, particularly the one thats resident in the UK and used by BBC a lot (dont know his name), it would seem that the strategy is not to give a fvck what Muslims think and that they have cow towed to muslim terrorism enough

Reasons given is that Israel is a secular country when it comes to other religions whereas areas and countries controlled by Muslims arent - plus they fvck everything else up also

I noticed that they didnt give any opinions of what happens when it all kicks off again - which is why i used the quote from Aliens in my previous post

I guess the driver will be this assists the second coming of Christ

48 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Could still happen as could impeachment but the alternative which everyone fails to point out is Pence

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/05/us-trade-deficit-china-280949

Pence is probably as compromised as Trump is - certainly in the Russia connections.

Edited by aaid

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Going by US right wing commentators, particularly the one thats resident in the UK and used by BBC a lot (dont know his name), it would seem that the strategy is not to give a fvck what Muslims think and that they have cow towed to muslim terrorism enough

Reasons given is that Israel is a secular country when it comes to other religions whereas areas and countries controlled by Muslims arent - plus they fvck everything else up also

I noticed that they didnt give any opinions of what happens when it all kicks off again - which is why i used the quote from Aliens in my previous post

I guess the driver will be this assists the second coming of Christ

Really? Most of the countries in the region are secular. Palestine has a 6% Christian population, Egypt 9 - 10%, Jordan 3%, Lebanon is a right old mix. Isn't this pointed out when this claim is made on the BBC? The status of Jerusalem is a political issue centring on occupied Palestine.

22 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Really? Most of the countries in the region are secular. Palestine has a 6% Christian population, Egypt 9 - 10%, Jordan 3%, Lebanon is a right old mix. Isn't this pointed out when this claim is made on the BBC? The status of Jerusalem is a political issue centring on occupied Palestine.

I'm trying to find the wee shitty guy's name

He is on BBC News 24 offering his views on Trump and Brexit often

He looks a bit Himmlerish without falling into Godwins Law

43 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Destabilising the Middle East has long been a US foreign policy. 

It's certainly been the effect, but I don't think it's been the primary goal of policy. US foreign policy decisions regarding the Middle East have usually been driven by domestic considerations (oil, pandering to powerful interests such as the Zionist lobby and the Christian Right). However, the Camp David Accords to take one of the few examples, were hammered out with the intention of increasing stability (and ensuring that Egypt maintained Sadat's policy of sloughing off Soviet influence).

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

It's certainly been the effect, but I don't think it's been the primary goal of policy. US foreign policy decisions regarding the Middle East have usually been driven by domestic considerations (oil, pandering to powerful interests such as the Zionist lobby and the Christian Right). However, the Camp David Accords to take one of the few examples, were hammered out with the intention of increasing stability (and ensuring that Egypt maintained Sadat's policy of sloughing off Soviet influence).

Foreign policy has been affected with who had the president's Ear. Zbigniew Brzezinski  was in Obama's and Jimmy Carter's hence more focus on the old Soviet Bloc, cause that was where he believed they had to engage to maintain American dominance. Trump and Bush jr. had a bunch of Zionists/far-right Christians (as you point out) so America foreign policy dealt with Zionist concerns. Which are destablising/the balkanization of the middle-East with no regional competitors, maintaining their hegemony over oil pipelines. The eventual establishment of Greater Israel. Which fecks up the secular angle since some claims are re-inforced by claiming god said it was OK.

So everyone ran with a huge "scoop" on a wikileaks story, some CNN journo had multiple sources feeding him the wrong date, no one checked properly in their haste to put the smoking gun against Trumps head, and it was all nonsense. Therefore ostensibly giving Trump some credibility.

That's why it's so important to get it right, cause even if it's just one mistake in isolation it's a bad look and gives him undeserved credibility. Although MSM losing credibility is always good in my mind.