Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Still 7/2. Amazes me.

Agreed - Even the Pope tried to rubbish him last week and he still won by a landslide - not that im suggesting ignoring the Pope is a bad thing.

Many prominent Democrat supporters, Sam Harris for example, have came to the conclusion that the only person that can stop Trump (and the least worst option) is Clinton.

They believe Sanders would be demolished by Trump - several months being labelled a communist would do it.

Cruz however is another ball game - way more of a scary thought than Trumpy

Edited by Ally Bongo

Clinton will win, Trump might win the nomination, but he has alienated vast swathes of the country.

Americans, in general seem absolutely idiotic, apart from two areas, draw a line from Chicago to Washington, anything North East of that line seems ok, well apart from Michigan, and anyone living within 100 miles of the Pacific Ocean, well apart from Alaskans who seem to be cold red neck idiots, but they arent stupid enough to vote for Trump to be president.

Down to 3/1 - about the lowest odds I have seen so far on Trump.

Gingrich made some good observations I thought. Trump only entered electoral politics 7 months ago and so to win like this so far is a stunning achievement. But the point that really made me think was he is right that Trump is learning as he is going at a tremendous rate and evolving quickly as a candidate. The guy is fast learner. The rate at which this is happening is very noticeable while the other candidates are static in comparison. Clinton especially is just not very likeable at all.

When Trump says the Hispanics will vote for him in the end I suspect he may well be right! I am starting to think he may have hypnotic powers. ;)

In Trump's victory speech he also said 46% of Hispanics voted for him. So I doubt it is a made up statistic. So unless that is your claim then this above boils down to the appearance of a few twitter accounts. Anyone could create those twitter accounts and the rather clumsy way it was done and 'discovered' so quickly is also a little suspicious but I'll keep an open mind.

edit: Trump down to 5/2 but Clinton goes to 8/11. I guess big money is backing Clinton.

Clinton is 1/8 to get the democratic nomination with Bernie at 5/1. It looks a lot closer than that...

Edited by thplinth

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

In Trump's victory speech he also said 46% of Hispanics voted for him. So I doubt it is a made up statistic. So unless that is your claim then this above boils down to the appearance of a few twitter accounts. Anyone could create those twitter accounts and the rather clumsy way it was done and 'discovered' so quickly is also a little suspicious but I'll keep an open mind.

edit: Trump down to 5/2 but Clinton goes to 8/11. I guess big money is backing Clinton.

Clinton is 1/8 to get the democratic nomination with Bernie at 5/1. It looks a lot closer than that...

Trump may have got 46% of the Republican Hispanics vote, but they only make up 9% of the Republican membership in Nevada. 17% of the Democratic membership in the state is Hispanic.

Still, he also got the "poorly educated" vote and he loves them!

Super Tuesday and it could be all over in both camps come tomorrow.

The experts believe that for Bernie Sanders to continue being a legitimate contender he has to win a minimum of 4 of today's 12 States.

If he wins 3 he is technically still in it but thats about it

Just the one or two and it's over

Still cant believe the blacks went with Hillary particularly since she played the race card when up for nomination against Obama

There is no point discussing the Republican nomination - It's going to be Trumpy

Cruz and Rubio might not even win their own states. Unlikely but possible

Bernie wins the 4 states required to keep it as a contest

More favourable to Bernie states are next on the horizon

Cruz won Alaska FFS

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Bernie wins the 4 states required to keep it as a contest

More favourable to Bernie states are next on the horizon

Cruz won Alaska FFS

Thought Alaska would have been a cert for Trump after Palin's endorsement!

On 3/1/2016 at 9:59 PM, kumnio said:

CceZj6TUMAAoyju.jpg

Ted Cruzs fans are not the smartest either.

They sure aren't.  James Cook was at this event yesterday and he tweeted that the guy in the cowboy hat shouted at someone being interviewed in Spanish by a TV company "speak English, this is America".   Aside from being a bit racist, the reason why the guy was speaking Spanish was because he was being interviewed by a Spanish TV station.   

He later tweeted footage of the midget John Wayne being ushered away from the cameras by security.

In all honesty I really dont mind the guy.

I cant believe that 500,000  signed a petition to ban him from the uk, ffs there are more people using foodbanks that signed that nonsense.

The british media imo absolutely hound the guy big time, where as he will bring in millions of pounds to my local area with Turnberry. It is estimated that the british open this year (troon) will bring in an estimated £140million

Trump will bring that in in his first 3 years without the luxury of any tournament. Its good to see that the R & A have seen sense, and Turnberry will be on the british open rota.

Trump has also expressed an interest in Prestwick airport with direct flights to America, again more coin down here. 

If the guy is investing in Scotland then he's alright in my book

Trump uses a lot of rhetoric to win votes and many who know him and disagree with his politics state that he doesnt really believe them

Cruz on the other hand is the real dangerous manic that would happily draw the West into a religious war to end the world and it's really eye opening that the media refuse to focus on that

46 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

I cant believe that 500,000  signed a petition to ban him from the uk, ffs there are more people using foodbanks that signed that nonsense.

The british media imo absolutely hound the guy big time, where as he will bring in millions of pounds to my local area with Turnberry. It is estimated that the british open this year (troon) will bring in an estimated £140million

Trump will bring that in in his first 3 years without the luxury of any tournament. Its good to see that the R & A have seen sense, and Turnberry will be on the british open rota.

Trump has also expressed an interest in Prestwick airport with direct flights to America, again more coin down here. 

Where did you see that? 

9 hours ago, girvanTA said:

I've got bad news for you about the difference between what Trump says he'll do and what he actually does.