Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 102 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

33 minutes ago, jailender said:

Why would it be revoked? The warrant was for evading police bail. He agreed to be released on bail, with the condition that he attended police station/court. Instead he went to the Equador embassy, and therefore breached bail conditions.

Cause it's cost us £20 million to police the case, he's already done 5 years imprisonment and the real reason behind all of this is cause he shone a light on dodgy government dealings. Why can't the UK say if he comes out whether they will extradite him? They called him out in court for not attending but refuse to say whether they will hand him to the Americans if he does come out.

The charges were facile from the start and are no longer relevant. The UK government told the Swedish authorities not to come here which would have sorted it out at the start anyway. They also destroyed vital evidence anyway.

The Crown Prosecution Service is facing embarrassment after admitting it destroyed key emails relating to the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is holed up in Ecuador’s London embassy fighting extradition.

Email exchanges between the CPS and its Swedish counterparts over the high-profile case were deleted after the lawyer at the UK end retired in 2014.

The destruction of potentially sensitive and revealing information comes ahead of a tribunal hearing in London next week.

Adding to the intrigue, it emerged the CPS lawyer involved had, unaccountably, advised the Swedes in 2010 or 2011 not to visit London to interview Assange. An interview at that time could have prevented the long-running embassy standoff.

The whole thing is a pretext to disincline people to whistleblow.

Also the UN rules he had been Arbitrarily detained as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/04/julian-assange-wikileaks-arrest-friday-un-investigation

His defense team can't access over 500 pages of information the prosecution has, and what they do have is heavily redacted.

Just to add the CPS told them (defense team) they had all the documents , but they found out they had 7000 more, and asked to see them, eventually they just came back and said they were all irretrievably destroyed. They lied about their existence then when forced to admit they existed then said they had all been destroyed.

Edited by phart

Kicking off in Syria, Israel shot-down an iranian drone that was spying on their troops in the golan heights. Israel then launched an air-strike into Syria as retaliation to Iran ????? Got a jet shot down and now it's in danger of going off.

Judge keeps arrest warrant in place. (Baroness) Emma Arbuthnot presiding. Who just happens to be married to the former Tory Chief Whip, defense select committee member and current Tory peer.

Says UN panel is wrong in it;s definition of arbitrary detention. Does a long speech on how they should have faced justice, even though letters claimed to be lost but now found show that the UK authorities stopped the Swedish authorities from interviewing him at the time. Any more emails relating to this have been irretrievably lost, but before that they didn't even exist, but once we fine out thye existed they turned out to have been destroyed.

dodgy shit from where i'm looking from.

Edited by phart

Swedish prosecutors attempted to drop extradition proceedings against Julian Assange as early as 2013, according to a confidential exchange of emails with the Crown Prosecution Service seen by the Guardian.

The sequence of messages also appears to challenge statements by the CPS that the case was not live at the time emails were deleted by prosecutors, according to supporters of the WikiLeaks founder.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/11/sweden-tried-to-drop-assange-extradition-in-2013-cps-emails-show

Judge going in deep, saying Assange "lacks courage". She's not sure the public good has any merit.

Mr. Assange's health problems could be worse . . . I've seen numerous photos of him on the balcony."  He's been outside 6 minutes in 6 years. The judge is trolling as she most certainly knows this.

Good of her to grant unconditional bail to the barcaly bank fraudsters though during the financial collapse. Those guys are still walking about free atm.

Edited by phart

Here's the meat of the CPS fiasco.

http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2018/02/13/news/few_documents_many_mysteries_how_our_foia_case_is_unveiling_the_questionable_handling_of_the_julian_assange_case-188758273/

https://cornerstonebarristers.com/news/long-reach-foia-ndash-julian-assange-access-information/

The CPS have been complicit in this and then burned the documents showing their complicity. They won't say if they have an extradition waiting, but have manipulated and cajoled Sweden to keep the arrest warrant open, even when they wanted to close it, so they could have a pretext to grab Assange and give him to the US.

Edited by phart

"It now emerges that the last four years of Julian Assange’s effective imprisonment in the Ecuadorean embassy in London have been entirely unnecessary. In fact, they depended on a legal charade.

Behind the scenes, Sweden wanted to drop the extradition case against Assange back in 2013. Why was this not made public? Because Britain persuaded Sweden to pretend that they still wished to pursue the case."

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/13/the-uks-hidden-hand-in-julian-assanges-detention/

In a similar vein, proving that this was about politics, not the law, the chief CPS lawyer handling the case in the UK, had earlier written to the Swedish prosecutors: “Don’t you dare get cold feet!!!”

In December 2013, the unnamed CPS lawyer wrote again to Ny: “I do not consider costs are a relevant factor in this matter.” This was at a time when it had been revealed that the policing of Assange’s detention in the embassy had at that point cost Britain £3.8 million. In another email from the CPS, it was noted: “Please do not think this case is being dealt with as just another extradition.”

Edited by phart

Just dropping some of the technical details as well.

It is for the government of Ecuador, not the UK, to determine who is an Ecuadorian citizen. It is for the government of Ecuador, not the UK, to determine who is an Ecuadorian diplomat.

It is not in the least unusual for Julian Assange to become an Ecuadorian citizen. Having been granted political asylum, and having lived for over five years under Ecuadorian jurisdiction, naturalisation is a perfectly normal step. There are a great many refugees in this country who are now naturalised UK citizens. Julian appears suitably proud of his new citizenship, and rightly so.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/01/ecuador-and-assange/

Edited by phart

I see the media has been banned from the court case of 17 year old (16 at time of arrest) Ahed Tamimi . More bullshit from the "only democracy in the middle east".

Funnily enough not a peep from all the concerned gender activists we normally see around "Metoo" and other social awareness issues.

A teenage Palestinian protester filmed slapping and kicking two soldiers outside her home has appeared before an Israeli military court to face various charges including assaulting security forces, incitement and throwing stones.

Ahed Tamimi, who turned 17 in jail last month, arrived on Tuesday morning for the first day of what could be a months-long trial, in what has become a symbolic case in the battle for international public opinion.

The judge ordered a closed-door hearing and ejected a large group of journalists who had gathered at the Ofer military base, despite a request by Tamimi’s lawyer for the media to be able to observe proceedings.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/13/palestinian-teenager-ahed-tamimis-trial-begins-behind-closed-doors

Not surprised with the Donalds proposal to arm teachers to solve the school shooting problem. A bit more worried that the people he was addressing in the White House either agreed with him or just sat there and took it, as far as I understand these people were  present at the latest shooting or parents of the deceased!

Edited by Eisegerwind

23 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Not surprised with the Donalds proposal to arm teachers to solve the school shooting problem. A bit more worried that the people he was addressing in the White House either agreed with him or just sat there and took it, as far as I understand these people were  present at the latest shooting or parents of the deceased!

Just say a teacher goes on a rampage then? Best arm the pupils as well.

9 minutes ago, phart said:

Just say a teacher goes on a rampage then? Best arm the pupils as well.

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Yes, and the parents for when they come to pick up their kids.

Yes, all perfectly reasonable measures to take going by their way of looking at it. What I don't get is the fact his audience just sat/stood there and listened to his pish, no one appeared to walk out or attempt to lamp the twat or even question his plan.

On a serious point - it seems that the Americans aren't going to solve the issue anytime soon. We put major restrictions on firearms following Hungerford and Dunblane and there wasn't a major shooting in Britain until 2009 which was a bolt out of the blue. The Americans have had five of their ten biggest mass shootings since 2015 and the response from their government is 'MORE GUNS!'. Each of those five shootings were with semi-automatic rifles, which are designed for combat use. It really doesn't help that they've got a megalomaniac in power, but even the 'moderates' within the Republican party don't seem to want to tackle the issue properly. It's just going to keep on happening until the Americans can elect people that actually want to face the reality of the situation.

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

On a serious point - it seems that the Americans aren't going to solve the issue anytime soon. We put major restrictions on firearms following Hungerford and Dunblane and there wasn't a major shooting in Britain until 2009 which was a bolt out of the blue. The Americans have had five of their ten biggest mass shootings since 2015 and the response from their government is 'MORE GUNS!'. Each of those five shootings were with semi-automatic rifles, which are designed for combat use. It really doesn't help that they've got a megalomaniac in power, but even the 'moderates' within the Republican party don't seem to want to tackle the issue properly. It's just going to keep on happening until the Americans can elect people that actually want to face the reality of the situation.

I am being serious, there is a guy standing there who's daughter was killed a few days earlier and he just stands there and takes it as Trump proposes his 'arm the teachers solution'. I'm in no position to judge how he should act, but FF's.

11 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I am being serious, there is a guy standing there who's daughter was killed a few days earlier and he just stands there and takes it as Trump proposes his 'arm the teachers solution'. I'm in no position to judge how he should act, but FF's.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your comment - rather the two that came afore it. It's incredible that the family members have just taken it, especially when Trump's just trying to use it to further his ideology and doing nothing to ensure that it doesn't happen again. There are plenty of things that make me want to smash his head in; I'm stunned that no-one close to the event has even raised their voice towards him.

Edited by Clyde1998

40 minutes ago, Ormond said:

A nation of fucking imbeciles. I’m at breaking point with the cunts. Her and I are seriously looking into moving. Every fucking day is a challenge and life shouldn’t be like this.

Doubt I could cope mate. Spent years working there (and having to be polite- now? funk em - arseholes). No way could I go back to work without daily losing the rag.

16 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Doubt I could cope mate. Spent years working there (and having to be polite- now? funk em - arseholes). No way could I go back to work without daily losing the rag.

We’re looking into Ireland as She’ll not get in Scotland while it’s part of the UK but as my Grandmother is Irish I can go there and her as my spouse. Trouble is, she won’t get near the money anywhere else that she gets here. Not even close.

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

We’re looking into Ireland as She’ll not get in Scotland while it’s part of the UK but as my Grandmother is Irish I can go there and her as my spouse. Trouble is, she won’t get near the money anywhere else that she gets here. Not even close.

I'm guessing she works in healthcare?