Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Unfortunately they are starting to look like the Scottish political equivalent of the Green Brigade.

There is a meme doing the rounds, apparently featuring a quote from Trump from 1998, which goes along the lines of him describing Republican voters as 'stupid' and that if he was going to get into politics he'd run as a Republican candidate because they are so gullible.

635853512231271622-0b283a5a331d8fec94b3f

Only time will tell stocky, that is the beauty of a prediction. Get them posted! no guts no glory.

Trump for prez, EU Exit. That is my two.

You are saying who for prez????

edit: Trump is in a perpetual dog fight for the nomination, Clinton is getting the cushiest of rides... she will need the media on her side as Trump will be far too much for her.

aye Predictions are Fun..

There is no way Hillary will Lose imo,

Trump appeals to Angry White Man, Loads of them in USA but not enough to win election,

But Britexit (or Engex) i wouldnt put money on...

But I will go opposite to you here for a wee bet Hillary and Brit(in) for me.... There ya go , lets see what happens...

Only time will tell stocky, that is the beauty of a prediction. Get them posted! no guts no glory.

Trump for prez, EU Exit. That is my two.

You are saying who for prez????

edit: Trump is in a perpetual dog fight for the nomination, Clinton is getting the cushiest of rides... she will need the media on her side as Trump will be far too much for her.

Nah, as per my post above, I think very unlikely that Trump beats Clnton.

Two reasons:

1. He has completely alienated the Hispanic vote and it is very difficult to win without them.

2. He is relying on the vote of a bunch of people who don't normally vote.

Clinton for Prez.

Your second prediction is looking more and more likely,

Had a look on paddypower I think it was a day or two (max) ago. Trump was 2nd favourite behind Clinton. What surprised me was Clinton was clear favourite at 10/11 I think it was or 11/10. Whereas Trump the second fav was 4 - 1! After him the odds widened again a lot.

Clinton evens? While Trump is 4 - 1 against?

The only way Clinton will beat Trump is by making sure Trump does not be the Republican nomination. If he gets it and goes head-to-head he will steamroller right over the top of her despite the media

I also think Dave Cameron has lost control of the EU vote and Brexit is on its way.

Get your predictions in.

£50 bet for the sunshine appeal?

Trump's biggest ally (if he gets the nomination) could be Bernie Sanders

Trump v Clinton would be closer than anyone thinks and not cut and dry

Trump v Sanders would see a project fear campaign 100 times that used in the referendum not to mention the illuminati ensuring Trump wins through election rigging no doubt

Even if the people of England vote to leave the EU, I don't think we will leave. It wont be allowed to happen.

I think the EU vote could be very close. It would be interesting to see how the media react, if it is so close that Scottish votes made the difference between an in/out decision. :lol: Unlikely to happen though.

No idea what will happen with Trump. There are enough mad mental cases in the USofA for anything to happen.

How can you ban a religion from entering a country ?

It's not as if a passport has your religion on it.

The guy is an idiot being voted for by idiots.

I was asked all sorts of weird shite to get my green card. Stuff like was I a communist or had I ever lived in a communist country.

Trump's biggest ally (if he gets the nomination) could be Bernie Sanders

Trump v Clinton would be closer than anyone thinks and not cut and dry

Trump v Sanders would see a project fear campaign 100 times that used in the referendum not to mention the illuminati ensuring Trump wins through election rigging no doubt

Who are the illuminati?

Clinton will win by a landslide if she is against Trump. However, I said Obama wouldn't get elected, so what do I know, although I correctly said he would be a failure.

I think the UK will vote to leave the EU, which I never used to think. Syrian refugees, sex attacks in Europe, the Euro, big government, unelected beurocrats, Greece, I can see everything getting hyped up again, and I think England will vote out.

It would however be tremendous if England marginally votes No, but Scotland keeps the UK in the EU, the bile and absolute contempt we would receive would be ridiculous.

There will definitely be no Brexit, but let's see if the media go full on project fear or if they are more balanced.

My money is on Trump for president, purely because he is so ridiculous. In every Labour leadership election prediction since McConnell quit I've guessed the sensible candidate would win and every time I've been wrong. In the US Clinton is the senseible candidate but as my prediction skills are obviously not calibrated right, I will cleverly put my prediction against the obviously wrong candidate.

I'll go for Trump not to be President ( the demographs of Americia will guarantee this. For every white male idiot whooping Trump there will be 3 black or Hispanic voters).

And Britain in the EU. Call me Dave will succeed in whatever it is he is negotiating and will campaign with the full weight of the establishment and media (Labour/SNP) on in's side. Project Fear will be a warm up. Business cannot and will not allow this to happen.

J

It would however be tremendous if England marginally votes No, but Scotland keeps the UK in the EU, the bile and absolute contempt we would receive would be ridiculous.

I'd lose all faith in the Scottish people and would not stop until every single one of us is are in Gulags where we belong!

I think the UK will vote to leave the EU, which I never used to think. Syrian refugees, sex attacks in Europe, the Euro, big government, unelected beurocrats, Greece, I can see everything getting hyped up again, and I think England will vote out.

Would it? I would think that in that scenario the UK establishment including most of the media would be eternally grateful. As has frequently been said, probably the best bet for indie ref 2 would be an rUK OUT outweighing a Scottish IN. In the end I expect a narrow cross-UK IN.

Would it? I would think that in that scenario the UK establishment including most of the media would be eternally grateful. As has frequently been said, probably the best bet for indie ref 2 would be an rUK OUT outweighing a Scottish IN. In the end I expect a narrow cross-UK IN.

I can't speak for Kumnio but my thinking is, it would be great from an entertainment point of view. Just over half the voters in England would absolutely detest us for forcing them to stay in the EU against their will. Especially the right wing media. It would be great fun.

I can't speak for Kumnio but my thinking is, it would be great from an entertainment point of view. Just over half the voters in England would absolutely detest us for forcing them to stay in the EU against their will. Especially the right wing media. It would be great fun.

Most of the "EU in" articles I'm seeing seem to be coming from the Daily Mail. Murdoch as well seems to be positioning himself for an in vote. Not saying the media wouldn't indulge in some jock bashing in the above scenario. But for the time being the right wing media and the Euro ins appear to be comrades.

One thing I've never understood, and granted I may have a simplistic view brought on by that I've been anti-EU for my entire adult life and hoping someone can shed some light on for me. People who are anti House of Lords, but support the EU, how does one unelected body that is way beyond reform differ from another unelected body that is also way beyond reform? It could also be argued, and I certainly would, that the EU commission has much more power than the HoL does.

Most of the "EU in" articles I'm seeing seem to be coming from the Daily Mail. Murdoch as well seems to be positioning himself for an in vote. Not saying the media wouldn't indulge in some jock bashing in the above scenario. But for the time being the right wing media and the Euro ins appear to be comrades.

I try to avoid the Murdoch media if I can, but if he backs the YES side it will be over 60% to stay in. The whole thing will turn into a bit of a damp squib. Is anybody of any significance campaigning for us to say NO? Or is it just all hype to make the stories sound interesting? I haven't paid much attention to the EU debate so far.