Alan Rickman - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

69 is the new 27.

Not bad ;)

Anyone know where he grew up? I fancy getting my Die Hard VHS and standing outside his old house tonight?!

Appreciate you're having a laugh but I was surprised to find out recently he was from humble working class London roots, you wouldn't know it to listen to him.

I had a pal who worked on a film shoot with him in Pittenweem (no idea what it was). A whole load of the cast and crew had gone to the local chippy for lunch, when it came to Rickman's turn to order he was totally lost starting at the menu board.

"ehhhh could I have some fish"

"Do you no' want chips wi' it?" replied the wee wummin.

"uuummm a green salad?"

:-)) Gotta love luvvies.

RIP Alan, great actor :(

Fantastic as the bad guy in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Die Hard

Fantastic actor and many great roles. My favourite book is Good Omens by terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman and the part of Crowley couldve been written for Rickman. Ive been waiting for a film/TV series of it for years just so I could explode if he didnt get the part !!

Dogma is a great film and should be compulsory watching for all religous types !!

His comedy turn in Robin Hood Prince of Theives took a very average film and turned it into a classic. One of many great roles he played, but always the one that comes to mind first for me.

Pointing at young woman: "You, my room 10.30"

Pauses, points at second woman: "You, 10.45"

Pauses: Bring a friend"

His comedy turn in Robin Hood Prince of Theives took a very average film and turned it into a classic. One of many great roles he played, but always the one that comes to mind first for me.

Pointing at young woman: "You, my room 10.30"

Pauses, points at second woman: "You, 10.45"

Pauses: Bring a friend"

"I'll cut your heart out... With a SPOON"

Brilliant diverse actor with a voice so sublime - definitely one of the best. I had always hoped to see him perform on stage.

Feels strange he's gone now while I'm presently enjoying his performance as Professor Snape in the complete Harry Potter collection. It's taken this long to encourage me after discounting the first film. I was so wrong - what a treat it is.

Appreciate you're having a laugh but I was surprised to find out recently he was from humble working class London roots, you wouldn't know it to listen to him.

I had a pal who worked on a film shoot with him in Pittenweem (no idea what it was). A whole load of the cast and crew had gone to the local chippy for lunch, when it came to Rickman's turn to order he was totally lost starting at the menu board.

"ehhhh could I have some fish"
"Do you no' want chips wi' it?" replied the wee wummin.
"uuummm a green salad?"

:-)) Gotta love luvvies.

RIP Alan, great actor :(

:ok:

That'll be The Winter Guest. He directed the film and had a blink and you'll miss him walk on part.

This always did have a poignant edge to it.