Snooker Thread - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snooker Thread

Angus_Young

• 2 months later...

World Championship starts this Saturday. Heading down for two sessions of the semi final in a couple of weeks.

Hard to see past O'Sullivan, but then I thought Bingham had no chance against him and see how that turned out. He (Bingham) will have a decent defence imo, still playing well and makes very few mistakes. 

On 13/04/2016 at 0:04 AM, tangerinetartan said:

Think time is catching up with Ronnie ,gonna have a bet on Judd trump at reasonable price 

Did you see The Masters or Welsh Open recently? Miles ahead of everyone.

When you take him out of the equation, no one is really that far ahead of anyone else. I've done Murphy at 12's but on his day, Trump will be there or there abouts. Hawkins, Robertson, Bingham and Ding are all capable of winning it too imo. Not sure what's been going on either Selby lately. 

4 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

When you take him out of the equation, no one is really that far ahead of anyone else. I've done Murphy at 12's but on his day, Trump will be there or there abouts. Hawkins, Robertson, Bingham and Ding are all capable of winning it too imo. Not sure what's been going on either Selby lately.

4 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

On reflection think I might have been talking pish about Ronnie ,still think that there is too many of the big guns putting everything into  this ,Murphy got a hard game against McGill 

24 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:

Aye McGill is a cracking player. Murphy had to be at his very best to put him out last year. He didn't kick on as I hoped he would though and hasn't had a great season so I fancy Murphy to go through. 

The new format to the ranking events has really brought the standard up. Guys are now getting experience of playing in the later rounds tournaments in front of decent crowds so I suppose any of them are capable. 

I think O'Sullivan will take a bit of stopping. His performance in Wales was immense, particularly against Selby, who he hammered 5-1. 

On 17/04/2016 at 1:44 PM, tangerinetartan said:

Great performance and result for McGill ,a live outside bet for the title

Shame he went out but just didn't play the way he can. Fu is a very solid player so was always going to be difficult. 

Been really impressed with Williams and Baird is mat hing Selby so far. I wonder if this is the year we see an outsider lift the title. 

O'Sullivan - Hawkins starts today so that will be another good player out whatever happens. 

33 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:

McManus grinds out a good victory ,Higgins should get to 1/4 finals could we have another Scottish winner this year

Mcmanus made too many mistakes  as did his opponent. Higgins has a real chance though I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Me either. It will be a short night for me on Friday at this rate :)

Fingers crossed he stays in it for morra night mate :>) 6-2 better than 8-0 still think he's going get well beat though :>(

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Gutsy display from McManus here.  He's been 5-0 and 9-3 down and he's just reeled of 5 frames on the bounce to get it back to 9-8.

Not quite. It's 9-7. Still very good though. Standard from the two of them has been fantastic. 

Ding through. Scoreline really doesn't reflect how well McManus played. There was a point last night where I thought he could have gone into today's session level, but as it was a couple slipped away from him and he just had too much to do.

Can feel very pleased with how he performed, some outstanding break building over the two weeks. 

Just managed to get tickets for next year's final. 

Like all big sporting events these days, prices are a bit of a piss take but it. Mrs Angus Young can treat me for my birthday :)

Sold out minutes after going on Sale. 

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:29 AM, Angus_Young said:

Just managed to get tickets for next year's final. 

Like all big sporting events these days, prices are a bit of a piss take but it. Mrs Angus Young can treat me for my birthday :)

Sold out minutes after going on Sale. 

Just curious but how much you talking for that fella?

It's between £80 and £90 per session for the final mate, for the cheap seats I may add. The middle rows are £125 per session with the front three rows £300 PER session. It's quite clear a lot of those seats are already earmarked for people however. I got into the system at 9.01am and you were lucky if there was 50 seats available. I'm not sure if they have some sort of membership where people get priority and/or a bit cheaper. The twat that wears the Coventry strips was there every day in prime seats. There is no way he could have booked all of them at once. 

We got the Sunday night and the two sessions on the Monday. Think we will sell the Sunday night though and just go to the Monday.  Even at that we are £175 each. 

Earlier rounds are obviously a good bit cheaper. As I said it's a bit of a piss take but the demand is clearly there. 

3 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

It's between £80 and £90 per session for the final mate, for the cheap seats I may add. The middle rows are £125 per session with the front three rows £300 PER session. It's quite clear a lot of those seats are already earmarked for people however. I got into the system at 9.01am and you were lucky if there was 50 seats available. I'm not sure if they have some sort of membership where people get priority and/or a bit cheaper. The twat that wears the Coventry strips was there every day in prime seats. There is no way he could have booked all of them at once. 

We got the Sunday night and the two sessions on the Monday. Think we will sell the Sunday night though and just go to the Monday.  Even at that we are £175 each. 

Earlier rounds are obviously a good bit cheaper. As I said it's a bit of a piss take but the demand is clearly there. 

Oh per session? Wow :lol:

I suppose £80 for 8/9 frames isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things when you compare it to other sporting event finals...especially when it can take a good 4+ hours.

Anyway I'm away for a lie down after being able to justify the prices to myself :lol: