Making A Murderer - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Making A Murderer

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm only 4 episodes in (watched all 4 last night) but I'm utterly gripped. As someone said above if this was a movie or a TV drama you'd think the story line was ridiculous. I was screaming at the TV at certain points last night. The wife's got a half day today and I'm raging I can't get leave in January as I'd love to go home and rattle through the remaining 6 episodes. In saying that, this cough has been getting gradually worse....

My wife and I watched this over Christmas (cheery viewing along with Luther, Beasts of No Nation and Narcos).

We did remark that is this was a film then you'd be in disbelief that it would actually happen. The documentary is so gripping and if the viewpoint of it is true, then I feel so so sorry for the folk involved (trying not to spoil here).

I am slightly skeptical as you never saw any perspective from the cops and the prosecution however the film makers did attempt to get their side of the story.

I would hate to read the Reddit page on this though as the folk there will no doubt of worked out an alternative suspect and hounded them.

My wife and I watched this over Christmas (cheery viewing along with Luther, Beasts of No Nation and Narcos).

We did remark that is this was a film then you'd be in disbelief that it would actually happen. The documentary is so gripping and if the viewpoint of it is true, then I feel so so sorry for the folk involved (trying not to spoil here).

I am slightly skeptical as you never saw any perspective from the cops and the prosecution however the film makers did attempt to get their side of the story.

I would hate to read the Reddit page on this though as the folk there will no doubt of worked out an alternative suspect and hounded them.

I've read the prosecution and their take on this, say 80% of the evidence has been cut for drama.

It's a ten part dramatization on netflix, I'd not be arguing the merits of the case off the back of it.

I've read the prosecution and their take on this, say 80% of the evidence has been cut for drama.

It's a ten part dramatization on netflix, I'd not be arguing the merits of the case off the back of it.

I don't doubt it was edited to get the desired reaction most sane folk will have at the end but there are lots of answers that just didn't get answered.

I had a quick google to see reaction to it from the prosecution and some of the stuff Kratz says is in line with how he came across in the documentary...a qunt.

That's as much as I'm willing to say at this moment so I don't spoil it for others

I don't doubt it was edited to get the desired reaction most sane folk will have at the end but there are lots of answers that just didn't get answered.

I had a quick google to see reaction to it from the prosecution and some of the stuff Kratz says is in line with how he came across in the documentary...a qunt.

That's as much as I'm willing to say at this moment so I don't spoil it for others

I've not seen it, so i'm talking from ignorance on the actual piece. I'm just saying i'd personally not use a netflix docudrama as my sole source when deciding whether i thought someone was guilty or not. That doesn't mean it isn't accurate etc, it does mean i dont think accuracy was top priority over "film-making".

I've not seen it, so i'm talking from ignorance on the actual piece. I'm just saying i'd personally not use a netflix docudrama as my sole source when deciding whether i thought someone was guilty or not. That doesn't mean it isn't accurate etc, it does mean i dont think accuracy was top priority over "film-making".

Oh I know but the one getting quoted in the media moaning(Kratz)is a real Christmas cracker.The reaction of the boys lawyers from start to finish ,who are the only sane folk in the film btw,says it all for me.