Veggie Haggis. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Veggie Haggis.

Got a few squeamish/vegie Nigels coming for burns supper at end of the month so looking for a recipe for vegi haggis. Found a good looking slow cooker recipe but any advice/recpies appreciated.

The vegi Haggis I have eaten have been surprisingly nice and very healthy thats why I want to make one. I'd always rathe have the real thing but there not exactly healthy.

Simon Howie's veggie haggis is supposed to be nice but I tried a bit of it and it still tastes like cardboard. Veggie haggis is just wrong, we don't say 'I'd like a salad but I can't eat vegetables so make me a veg-free salad'. We'd be eating meatballs for tomatoes and sausages for cucumbers!

I didn't know until about two months ago that haggis was banned in the states. For all the hoo-ha they make about burns week or tartan week or whatever I thought they'd be feeding folk the real McCoy

We are on day two of 2016 and There have already been 40 gun related deaths over there.

But aye ban haggis.

Mentalists

Irn Bru too. What have they got against us?

J

Very strict laws in the USA.

All ingredients must be declared. Re iron Bru they don't was rival companies to know their secret recipe - so are banned from USA.

Re haggis I think some of the ingredients, like sheep's lungs, are on the banned list.

Very strict laws in the USA.

All ingredients must be declared. Re iron Bru they don't was rival companies to know their secret recipe - so are banned from USA.

And yet they sell Coca Cola ...

Think it must be another reason.

And yet they sell Coca Cola ...

Think it must be another reason.

Was thinking this one through and Coke sprung to mind, not to mention the Colonels secret spices.

Maybe it's an import thing. As in Coke is made in Americia therefor all ingredients are available and declared in Americia it's just the combination that is secret.

Wouldn't surprise me if Coke had a big input into the Food Standards Authority and lobbied to keep import regs tight to protect their market share. Bastards!

J