Your Club Highlights 2015 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Club Highlights 2015

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Paul Quinn,s last minute winner against Celtic at pittodrie in September in that week the week before my mother died on Friday my son got married on the Saturday Scotland got beat by Germany on the Monday !! Emotional week that was

Probably going top of the league on the 2nd January 2015....being the first OF club in years and years to do that.

And becoming the team again that means that opponents do laps of honour when they win a game against us in the League cup, or when they scrape a 0-0 draw against us.

That shows how far we've come, and is pleasing.

Edited by Rossy

Play off victory against the Rangers.

Most satisfying, everyone had written motherwell off. They had a terrible record at ibrox. The motherwell players out fought their opponents with desire and determination.

Big wages don't guarantee success-in fact it can devide a dressing room.

Dundee Utd : none

Just to cheer you up, here's the '2015' league table. United still manage to finish below Hearts, despite playing 20 games more.

Happy New Year ! :wink2:

Edit : Doesn't include this week's games.

TwURafr.png

Edited by Rossy

Just to cheer you up, here's the '2015' league table. United still manage to finish below Hearts, despite playing 20 games more.

Happy New Year ! :wink2:

Edit : Doesn't include this week's games.

TwURafr.png

Heh heh, I can't actually remember eight league wins. Dundee x 2, Hamilton, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Ross County. Aberdeen, Stranraer and Dunfermline in the cups.

Suppose there must've been another couple in January, but the record since 1st Feb is five wins, I'm sure. Just pish.

The start of this season where we were playing some terrific football until other teams found a different way to play against us which stunted our success. The Hibs game the other day was also a terrific game of football which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's hard to pick a particular highlight; I suppose the fact that we are sixth in the 2015 placings is an achievement in itself. We came out of 2014 in bad shape and looked to be heading for relegation or a play off spot but began to change things around and ended the season in 8th place and with the 4th best goal difference in the league.

This season we have lost a lot of good players with Stephen O'Donnell perhaps being the biggest miss, along with Scott Fox, Conrad Balatoni, Kallum Higginbotham as well as Lyle Taylor. All of whom were big players for us but Tomas Cerny is a better keeper than Fox, Dumbaya has fitted in well in the right back position and Liam Lindsay is proving himself more capable in defence than Balatoni ever was. We still lack a creative game changer like Higginbotham could be, but perhaps we will find one this month. The team is stronger and more resilient than in the past and less likely to leak goals late in the game; in 2014 we had a total of 14 shut outs which is quite a lot for a bottom half team.

So here's to an even better 2016 starting with a win at Parkhead.

I follow Bradford PA so no highlights really.Staying up was about as good as it got (the football was absolute dire at times).This season it is getting to the second round of the fa trophy the farthest we have gone (hopefully a few more rounds yet)off the field we have been taken over by a local guy done good.he wants to make us a community club with a proper ground (fingers crossed ).i asked our chairman what the biggest difference was between now and last season and he said the bills get paid.so things are looking up.

ian