Minimum Price For Alcohol - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Minimum Price For Alcohol

1 minute ago, glasgow jock said:

Cheers Parkie - Had Estrella Damm before - good stuff !!

If you ever come across Voll Damm, be sure to buy it. I've only ever had it in Barcelona but it is absolutely brilliant stuff. 

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

All you have to do is google "Frosty Jack Cider/ white cider chemicals" and you will get the picture

Ok, done that and it would appear that Frosty Jacks is produced by pretty much the same means as any other cider. Different drinks have different "other chemicals" in them but they are in relatively small amounts compared to the alcohol content. It's mainly the amount of alcohol that is consumed which does most of the harm. I don't think it helps to try to blame the "other chemicals" when it's the alcohol which does the harm. If a person drinks the same units of alcohol as vodka it will have pretty much the same effect as drinking it as Frosty Jacks or any other cider. Some of the "other chemicals" in some drinks can actually be beneficial but there is at present not enough evidence to say that those benefits would outweigh the harm caused by the alcohol.

Its a bit of a non story.

Batleys licence only allowed them to sell to trade customers, Bookers could sell to trade and for consumption customers, although they appear to now only sell to trade, reading the story, it appears that Utd could sell to both, but have ballsed up a bit.

I wouldnt use this to beat up Anas, not when there are so many things that he deserves criticism for, mainly for being a fucking idiot.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:42 AM, Parklife said:

If you ever come across Voll Damm, be sure to buy it. I've only ever had it in Barcelona but it is absolutely brilliant stuff. 

Each to their own but for a Marzen type beer it’s not exactly a world beater. Certainly not absolutely brilliant.