Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is Alex Salmond's job. He is supposed to go out to the middle of the bridge and do the bouncy for 30 minutes, once a month. If it can stand up to that it will stand up to anything. He has maybe missed a few checks recently because of moving down to Westminster.

:lol:

Aye that's a brilliant one. 80,000 vehicles a day - should be some size of ferry that one!

I'd doubt any ferries would be vehicle carriers. Passengers / cyclists only like Gourock to Kilcreggan for example.

Are the old ferry slipways still there in any case?...

Edited by Toepoke

I walked into work this morning and it was like the Mary Celeste and not long after some of them got in they were away again!! these Fife fukkers expect everything on a plate. That's why there's so much unemployment in Edinburgh, all these Fifers taking our jobs

In the past when there's been heavy snow or winds and buses have been stopped in Edinburgh no one bats an eyelid but when the brig' is closed its panda-fukkin-monium

When I was young and not long started working I was late one day during the tram debacle and my excuse being young was I was stuck in traffic, I was quite rightly told "leave earlier" during the height of the tram works I was leaving at the back of 1 for a 4 o'clock start. To this day I have never once been late for work.

Get up out your beds earlier ya bunch o' wanx

Edited by DoonTheSlope

I'd doubt any ferries would be vehicle carriers. Passengers / cyclists only like Gourock to Kilcreggan for example.

the Rosyth ferry terminal must still be in working order and the cruise ship disembarkation in S Queensferry is also operational....

Massive car park at Rosyth as well,,,

If it's for passengers only, you'd be as well using the train.

I walked into work this morning and it was like the Mary Celeste and not long after some of them got in they were away again!! these Fife fukkers expect everything on a plate. That's why there's so much unemployment in Edinburgh, all these Fifers taking our jobs

In the past when there's been heavy snow or winds and buses have been stopped in Edinburgh no one bats an eyelid but when the brig' is closed its panda-fukkin-monium

When I was young and not long started working I was late one day during the tram debacle and my excuse being young was I was stuck in traffic, I was quite rightly told "leave earlier" during the height of the tram works I was leaving at the back of 1 for a 4 o'clock start. To this day I have never once been late for work.

Get up out your beds earlier ya bunch o' wanx

Cheers for the tip. That's me sorted when I find a 24 hour childminder.

the Rosyth ferry terminal must still be in working order and the cruise ship disembarkation in S Queensferry is also operational....

Massive car park at Rosyth as well,,,

Cruise ships dock in Leith as well. Now, if only there was a tram or something that went down there....

Took me 3 and a half hours to get home to Glasgow from Dundee this afternoon and I don't know anywhere near the bridge.

M9 from Perth was a nightmare, made the mistake of coming off at Stirling services for a pish and sat in a queue for nearly an hour.