Forth Road Bridge Closed - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pain in the arse.

Am driving from Bristol tomorrow afternoon heading to Inverness then Tain. Booked the premier inn by Edinburgh airport for tomorrow night as it's nice and handy to get away and onto the motorway Saturday morning.

Not looking such a good idea now.

Travel from Errol to Edinburgh for work at the moment, takes me 50 minutes usually,

90 minutes to and from work on Wednesday as

I went via Stirling and 2 hours on the way back yesterday. Took some of the fifers from dalgety bay nearly 3 hours to get in on Wednesday.

Glad I am off today but not looking forward to the journey to tynecastle tomorrow.

Saying "stay at home" is not a contingency plan.

They can either sit at home or sit in a traffic jam. Not really a lot of choice as they can't pull another bridge out from behind the curtain.

It must be a really bad defect if it has led to a total closure as this will be costing the economy millions. I can't see it reopening in a matter of days unless they over reacted in the first place

Nightmare!

We have a lot of work for steel work on the new bridge, plus a number of jobs for Scottish Water in Fife and Edinburgh area on just now and having to tell our guys to set off earlier in the morning and work later so they are not caught in traffic for half the day now.

aye, its aw the snp's fault :wink2::wink2:

Bit harsh, don't think they're ENTIRELY to blame. Wanderer has to take some of it:

Nightmare!

We have a lot of work for steel work on the new bridge, plus a number of jobs for Scottish Water in Fife and Edinburgh area on just now and having to tell our guys to set off earlier in the morning and work later so they are not caught in traffic for half the day now.

Bit harsh, don't think they're ENTIRELY to blame. Wanderer has to take some of it:

We are only on the new bridge, nothing to do with the old one (though boss is now on the phone sniffing around to see if any work going on repairs :-)) )

Edited by wanderer

It's hard to state just how big a feck up this is. How the Scottish Government have allowed this to happen is beyond me. One of the most important infrastructure routes in the whole country is to be shut for a month. Absolutely disgraceful.