Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

15 hours ago, aaid said:

It's that fishy that six months later there's still been no charges. Like Michelle Thomson I wouldn't be surprised if Police Scotland haven't spoken to her yet. 

if there was nothing to it the Police would have thrown it out months ago.  If it's still live that tells its own story.

I'm sorry but 30k goes missing from your Bank account? I'm as pro snp as the next person but that doesn't just happen without a plausible explanation that doesn't require police intervention.

4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

if there was nothing to it the Police would have thrown it out months ago.  If it's still live that tells its own story.

I'm sorry but 30k goes missing from your Bank account? I'm as pro snp as the next person but that doesn't just happen without a plausible explanation that doesn't require police intervention.

I've no idea if she's guilty or innocent and I'll reserve judgement until this is resolved either way.

All that's come out so far is a load of mud being flung about and some innuendo and very little in the way of facts.  From what I recall, the 30k figure you're quoting has been discredited  

My point is that I'd have expected after six months for the police to have had enough evidence to charge someone assuming that any crime has been committed, I dont think we're talking some major offshore fraud here.

From the limited coverage that I've seen of the latest allegations, once you go past the headlines there doesn't actually seem to be anything to indicate that she is the focus of the investigation, just that they are investigating the branch and she used to be the convenor.  That would suggest she should be *part* of the investigation but whether it's all about her is a different matter entirely.

i can completely understand why the WFI finances were completely haphazard but I'd have expected there to be a greater level of governance and control around a political branch and so I'd be surprised if it was only the convenor that had control of the finances  

The thing that concerns me most - with this and Michelle Thomson - is the amount of time that these investigations are taking, especially when with Michelle Thomson it's nine months on and she hasn't been contacted so far.  There's something about this that is essentially anti-democratic as while this is going on they really are not able to play a full role as an MP  

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I've no idea if she's guilty or innocent and I'll reserve judgement until this is resolved either way.

All that's come out so far is a load of mud being flung about and some innuendo and very little in the way of facts.  From what I recall, the 30k figure you're quoting has been discredited  

My point is that I'd have expected after six months for the police to have had enough evidence to charge someone assuming that any crime has been committed, I dont think we're talking some major offshore fraud here.

From the limited coverage that I've seen of the latest allegations, once you go past the headlines there doesn't actually seem to be anything to indicate that she is the focus of the investigation, just that they are investigating the branch and she used to be the convenor.  That would suggest she should be *part* of the investigation but whether it's all about her is a different matter entirely.

i can completely understand why the WFI finances were completely haphazard but I'd have expected there to be a greater level of governance and control around a political branch and so I'd be surprised if it was only the convenor that had control of the finances  

The thing that concerns me most - with this and Michelle Thomson - is the amount of time that these investigations are taking, especially when with Michelle Thomson it's nine months on and she hasn't been contacted so far.  There's something about this that is essentially anti-democratic as while this is going on they really are not able to play a full role as an MP  

They should get South Yorkshire or West Midlands police in to help them sort it out. 

• 3 months later...
Just now, Toepoke said:

Aff to the klink?...

If guilty then thats almost a certainty

Her predicament is not my concern - it's the damage the whole affair could do to the SNP and the cause for Independence if she is found guilty

It might give the constituency back to fvcking Margaret Curran

25 minutes ago, Alan said:

It's a conspiracy me thinks. All this financial shenanigans is a setup.

Considering there was never any investigations that i can recall of any Scottish Labour MP for all those years they did nothing for us - and they were as corrupt as fvck - you may be right

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

"Helping with enquiries" about the finances of his blue fire engine "The Spirit of Scotland". I put £25 in his bucket for that. If I find oot he has pocketed it, I'll be round to his hoose and boot the ginger haired, pony tailed fuker in the baws.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"Helping with enquiries" about the finances of his blue fire engine "The Spirit of Scotland". I put £25 in his bucket for that. If I find oot he has pocketed it, I'll be round to his hoose and boot the ginger haired, pony tailed fuker in the baws.

:lol:

2 hours ago, The Laud said:

The vermin that is murdo fraser asking in parliment if police Scotland had enough resources to cope with all these mps being investigated.

Ach, that was pretty amusing.

As one of the Hibs boys said (might have been this thread...) - 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss' - with a few noble exceptions folk only go into politics for self-promotion or self-advancement.

Edited by Regenmann

9 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

would be disappointed if Chris Law has something to hide.  wheras McGarry, although, i've never met her, impressions were she was a bit off from the get  go.  Big Law has always seemed genuine.

I got the same impression of Law too (although maybe it was just the ponytail and beard, which lends him a kind of likeable college lecturer demeanour, which was obscuring things).

McGarry has always struck me as a moron, but not bent.  Time will tell though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw she did a Ted Bundy and sacked her legal team then represented herself

The red flag of a Tory boyfriend (now husband) and in particular that Tory was a give away never mind how often she was rolled out by the BBC and STV ... a bit like Angela Haggerty

Shoring up the Protestant No vote

Edited by Ally Bongo