Have The Wheels Come Off - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have The Wheels Come Off

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following from down south but am no less committed to this campaign for that.

My best friend is, like you, an active campaigner.

I told him months ago that if there's YES it'll be down to people like him, and you, and the thousands of others in this wonderful grass roots movement [how about the "Lawn Dawn"?!]

Folk like me, who've wanted this all their lives (my first vote was in the '79 refy) stand in awe of what you are all achieving.

My mate spoke with Jim Sillars a few months ago, who echoed what a poster on this thread said recently, namely that after a lifetime of campaigning, in which he had won and lost in all sets circumstances, he has never been more sure of winning than throughout this campaign.

Now, you can agree or not with his politics (of course that's where the fun starts post-Yes) but it's hard not to take his campaign experience seriously. He said this in a quiet off-stage moment and not for the audience.

The media/establishment/state/big corporate onslaught wasn't a big problem until the YouGov poll showed for YES when we were in Dortmund.

But the ramping up of "The Propoganda Machine" has backfiring - it even inspired a very southern English friend of mine to volunteer to me last week that he was sickened by the BBC coverage, and considering writing a letter of complaint.

People down here have seen this; people throughout Scotland have seen if (and not just the Yes voters).

Between now and tomorrow night, believe nothing you see or hear from them, and especially not their attacks on the fantastic work you are doing reaching out across the entire country.

Do not despair at what they're putting out.

I didn't see a single wide angle shot of the crowd pics of Buchanan St, Inverness, or Pacific Quay or of the scenes inside the Usher Hall. I did see a DPS on the OO in SOS, and also TV shots and press coverage today of the Trafalgar Sq rally last nigh.

Because there are no pictures doesn't mean these huge displays of popular support didn't happen - I'll be watching the coverage tonight but doubt if I'll see any pictures of the SCALE of the rally).

The fact that all these thousands are out on the streets is due to the efforts of people like you Lamia, and my pal Blair, and so many of the TAMBERS on here and the thousands of regular but extraordinary people like you throughout the country.

Whatever Thursday/Friday hold in store

KEEP THE FAITH: from us all THANK YOU!!

It is very nice of you to include me but I have done very little in comparison to others. I am glad I did something though and I have huge respect and admiration for those who have been doing things for the whole campaign. It is emotionally draining and I think that is partly why I have sunk a bit.

I am exhausted and I have not done that much. The weekend was particularly draining because it is now the strong feeling have started to be expressed.

One thing I did notice was that the Yes people were actively trying to calm the situation when some Yesers were getting a bit animated but the No people did not. They actually tried to stoke it up more and then point the finger. If they had done what we had it would have been all over in minutes. As it was all it really involved was heated debate. As waste of everyones energy though.

Yes Haddington shared a post on Facebook tonight. C4 political journo Michael Crick was in the Yes Dunbar shop today and he was telling them, off camera, how he'd been all over Scotland covering this. They asked him what his take was on how everything was going and he said Yes will win. I really hope so. Nerves are shredded...

Listening to 5live on way home from work tonight. Stanley Odd played his "Son I just wrote this" song, not ashamed to say it, but I burst into tears, couldnt believe it. This is very, very tough. However, the prize is there for us, we have one more day, just 24 hours to convince someone else to vote Yes, lets all do our own vow and bring this home.

Edited by giblet

Aw jesus I just googled that song.

My emotions are all over the place currently, without watching that FFS.

I can only imagine that this is what menaupause is like. Hot, cold, happy, sad, smiley, grumpy, elated, suicidal, chatty, insular all within five minutes.

I can only imagine that this is what menaupause is like. Hot, cold, happy, sad, smiley, grumpy, elated, suicidal, chatty, insular all within five minutes.

:lol:

Listening to 5live on way home from work tonight. Stanley Odd played his "Son I just wrote this" song, not ashamed to say it, but I burst into tears, couldnt believe it. This is very, very tough. However, the prize is there for us, we have one more day, just 24 hours to convince someone else to vote Yes, lets all do our own vow and bring this home.

Nothing to be ashamed about, my ipod caught me off guard with caledonia and had to stop what i was doing as it was little much, the last time that song hit me so hard was when i lived down south thinking of home....

The wheels have not come off.

I've been all over the place emotionally but ma wife's hairdresser came round tonight (she was undecided) and says her family are voting yes now, all of them, including inlaws!

Also, she said she has hardly any customers who are voting no, most have changed their minds to yes!

This may not seem that big news but considering she was undecided while liking some BNP stuff on Facebook a year ago, I would say its a bit exciting.

I've calmed down a bit now!

Kumnio FFS you must have been through all that over the years supporting Dundee surely! Thought it would have hardened your senses!!?

The wheels have not come off.

I've been all over the place emotionally but ma wife's hairdresser came round tonight (she was undecided) and says her family are voting yes now, all of them, including inlaws!

Also, she said she has hardly any customers who are voting no, most have changed their minds to yes!

This may not seem that big news but considering she was undecided while liking some BNP stuff on Facebook a year ago, I would say its a bit exciting.

I've calmed down a bit now!

What's her opinion on tax? ;)

Feck me that's a brilliant song, I've got something in ma eye.

a bit like supporting doondee then.

Kumnio FFS you must have been through all that over the years supporting Dundee surely! Thought it would have hardened your senses!!

a bit like supporting doondee then.

Feckin dabs.

Fitbas only a daft game, this is infinitely more important.

I was out leafleting last night in an area I used to live in, came to what was my next door neighbour who opened the door as I was walking up the path, so I handed her a leaflet and she took it and said 'Things have got to change John' we spoke for about 15 minutes, SNP, Salmond, etc. never mentioned, just things have to change.

This couple are recently retired, own their own home and are comfortably well off, I'm willing to bet they've voted Libdems all their lives and will continue to do so but they want a change.