New Strip Launch - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because a lot of designer gear is manufactured there anyway. Probably easy or easier for them to 'acquire' correct templates, colours, materials etc.

Turkey or Vietnam are the two best places I've seen for fakes.

Ps in answer to your other question it's not up to Adidas to justify anything. What people are prepared to pay is what will set the market value. Branding has a huge pull for punters.

That's why Beechams still sell rakes and rakes of medicines at this time of year even though the Supermarkets own branded stuff have exactly the same stuff in them at a third of the cost. Possibly not the best analogy but you get my point?

Yup I get your point, and actually thought it was a pretty decent analogy.

Yes people pay over the odds for brand, that just adds to the madness of it all really in that it must be costing adidas a couple of quid max to make the shirts and the markup is huge, just cos of the brand name and nothing to do with quality. A bit like Beats headphones being total shite quality wise but they still command a premium price tag cos of the branding. They really are ripping the punters off but as you say if we're willing to pay it then I guess that sets the market value.

And just to make the whole thing even more bonkers, despite knowing how much they're mugging me off I'll probably still buy them! The Scotland tops, I mean, not Beats headphones....I'm definitely a Bose fella, me!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Yup I get your point, and actually thought it was a pretty decent analogy.

Yes people pay over the odds for brand, that just adds to the madness of it all really in that it must be costing adidas a couple of quid max to make the shirts and the markup is huge, just cos of the brand name and nothing to do with quality. A bit like Beats headphones being total shite quality wise but they still command a premium price tag cos of the branding. They really are ripping the punters off but as you say if we're willing to pay it then I guess that sets the market value.

And just to make the whole thing even more bonkers, despite knowing how much they're mugging me off I'll probably still buy them! The Scotland tops, I mean, not Beats headphones....I'm definitely a Bose fella, me!

And it's nothing to do with the fact it's adidas branded that we'll all buy it. It's the badge on the other side of the jersey.

OML1986 has the strips available. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Scotland-national-football-team-shirt-home-away-soccer-jersey-2016-2017-3A-TOP-THAILAND-Quality-Scotland/32361924670.html

Pictures on the link if anyone wants to view the pictures of what the strips will look like... Not to purchase of course (Strips come with Adidas branding - apparently)

Any of these lads do kids sizes?

Andy North Croy, on 30 Nov 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

I can't believe ANYONE thinks the pink kit is decent.

Adidas and the SFA are taking the piss.

I can't believe that anyone thinks Bjork is hot or that Spot the Dog is good patter. It's amazing how different folk like different things...