March/ May Friendlies - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

Do you live in a cave?

The media don't give a shite whether a story is true or not before they broadcast it.

Correct. If I booked up every time Sky, the BBC or daily record said a game was on I'd have lost thousands in flights.

I have a feeling they are discussing it but the venue TBC was because it might be in Czech or a home game for us and that hadn't been agreed.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure the reason it has come off the site is simply because the SFA asked them to take it down.

The Czech FA said a month or so ago they will play a home game on the 24th of March in Prague and an away game on the 29th against Sweden.

The SFA will confirm the game when the contracts have been signed. It may well be signed already but perhaps they want to announce both games (if indeed they play 2 games) together.

I am sure the reason it has come off the site is simply because the SFA asked them to take it down.

The Czech FA said a month or so ago they will play a home game on the 24th of March in Prague and an away game on the 29th against Sweden.

The SFA will confirm the game when the contracts have been signed. It may well be signed already but perhaps they want to announce both games (if indeed they play 2 games) together.

Then you have to wonder why they've not asked FIFA to take down the Scotland v Serbia (Mar 26) announcement on their website. Mind you, FIFA have more to worry about than an up-to-date website right enough.

I've no real doubt it's the Czechs and the SFA simply asked them to take notice of the fixture down until they have all the details at our end sorted. Once that is in done big Daryl will open the information floodgates.

Hope it's Prague - just booked my hotel!

Well if its in Prague I hope its not a Sparta's ground.....its one hell of a hike up that hill.

Was there for a game earlier this year it's some atmosphere and lots of pubs nearby. Not to mention the dirt cheap booze. And not to mention the.... err..... yeah.... well you know.... :wink2:

A promising satement!!!!

Scotland will begin their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers with an international double-header against Czech Republic and Denmark in March.

Gordon Strachan and his squad will travel to Prague (venue to be confirmed) on Thursday, 24 March to take on European Championship-bound Czech Republic in their opening match of 2016 and then host Denmark five days later.

In an effort to assess the depth of talent available ahead of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, the national coach will select a different squad for each match to maximise game time.

Gordon Strachan, Scotland National Coach: “It's important that we use these two matches effectively and give opportunities to those who may not have had as many as they would have liked in the previous campaign. It also allows us the flexibility to take a look at some players who are emerging.

"We would all rather be using these matches to prepare for the Euros this summer but we need to get over that disappointment collectively - coaches, players and supporters - and the best way to do that is to get together again and start planning for the World Cup qualifiers."

Czech Republic qualified for this summer’s European Championship Finals as winners of their qualifying group which included Iceland, Turkey and the Netherlands whilst Denmark narrowly missed out on a place at this summer’s tournament following a play-off defeat to Sweden.

Details of Scotland’s May/June fixtures will also be announced in the coming weeks.