Guns 'n' Roses - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guns 'n' Roses

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-reunion-tour-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup-close-to-being-revealed/

Axl Rose must be up there with the biggest bell-ends of all time as far as the music industry goes?

I would probably still line the khunts pockets mind you.

I've been waiting 25 years for this as I never saw them at their height, but I won't hold my breath to be honest. It won't be the entire original line up as Steven Adler's fecked through drugs and couldn't hold a drumstick never mind a beat, but Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy would do. If true though I'll sell the wife for a ticket :lol:

I've been waiting 25 years for this as I never saw them at their height, but I won't hold my breath to be honest. It won't be the entire original line up as Steven Adler's fecked through drugs and couldn't hold a drumstick never mind a beat, but Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy would do. If true though I'll sell the wife for a ticket :lol:

Aye agreed, that would definitely do for me as well m8

Hard to know what to make of this

The GNR I remember was nearly a quarter of a century ago & they're now in their 50s. Slash & Duff have been close to death & Axl looks unrecognisable after some dodgy plastic surgery & too many pies. I've only heard clips of the recent GNR & whilst the band sounded brilliant, Axl's voice sounded as weak as a kitten.

Sometimes things are better as you remember them, but there's still something exciting about the prospect of seeing them together again.

Axl's always been off his nut & always will be, so I'm still in the "believe it when I see it" camp!

Assume it would be Matt Sorum & not Steve Adler on drums?

As I said earlier, I'd imagine so as Adler seems to have completely fecked himself with drugs and doesn't look like he could hold himself upright long enough for a concert let alone hold a drumstick. Not a fan of Sorum but if the other four were there I'd still be wanting to see them. Izzy Stradlin's a recluse these days too and no-one seems to be mentioning him and whether he's interested (according to Slash, Adler and McKagan in their books Stradlin just couldn't cope with the touring, drugs, in-fighting etc which is why he walked away).

Stradlin played a few songs with the new GNR at Download 2006. Wasn't at the warm up gig a few days earlier as he went awol.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him turn up and play a bit. Doubt he's be in for the long haul though.

Wasnt Izzy always fuqing off. I seem to remember a video in the early days where there was a sign on stage saying "Where's Izzy?"