Ssc Renewal Information - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye i'll renew but thats as many have said is mainly for the away games. Good long period to renew which is always nice - means I can wait til i get paid at the end of January which is a wee bonus at this time of year...untill they announce in mid january that the England tickets are going on sale January 18th and you have 3 days to buy and need to have renewed...

Suppose if you get say £15/20 off the season ticket, no booking fees and maybe a discounted friendly then it pretty much has paid for itself.

Sorry but those happy to pay are the reason the price increased to this level in the first place so we are quite entitled to criticise if we want.

And on the freebees I don't want yet another polo shirt clogging up space in a drawer never to be worn. All I ever wanted from my membership was to be able to buy tickets - that doesn't cost the SFA £45 to do.

With the best will in the world, these should NOT be described as "freebies" as we ARE actually being forced to pay for these items whether we want them or not. It is a forced sale to a captive audience. This is the sort of complete tosh that David Cameron would come out with!!!

With the best will in the world, these should NOT be described as "freebies" as we ARE actually being forced to pay for these items whether we want them or not. It is a forced sale to a captive audience. This is the sort of complete tosh that David Cameron would come out with!!!

Agree with this. Membership gifts should either be free or optional. Not used to as an excuse to keep the membership fee inflated.

Out of interest. ...as it is the Scotland Supporters CLUB that we all loyally join campaign after campaig. ..when do we aactually get a say in how OUR CLUB is run ???

Is there (or has there ever been) a supporters committee for example ?

And who at the SFA makes tgthe decisions now?

Is there any mileage in the supporters setting up a self run organisation ?

I won't be renewing this year, I didn't go to many games last time round because of the days they landed on. I appreciate this isn't the SFA's fault, it was UEFA that introduced this week of football nonsense.

Other reasons are the ticket prices which will be ramped up simply because we've got England in our group and fans will be happy to pay it. The England match is going to be a huge distraction which we could do without.

From a footballing point f view, I don't see us dong anything different during this campaign. We will continue to see matches in Eastern Europe as matches that are not must win and we will accept draws against our rivals. Does anyone see the mentality changing?

Out of interest. ...as it is the Scotland Supporters CLUB that we all loyally join campaign after campaig. ..when do we aactually get a say in how OUR CLUB is run ???

Is there (or has there ever been) a supporters committee for example ?

And who at the SFA makes tgthe decisions now?

Is there any mileage in the supporters setting up a self run organisation ?

Have a look at the ATAC / SFA meetings notes posted elsewhere on the Tamb

For folk who spend hundreds of pounds on a holiday and drink stag do amounts of booze the cries over £24 a year so they can continue doing this is pretty weak.

It's only weak to someone who isn't grasping that the actual amount of money isn't most folks' problem.

Aye, I can afford the £24 a year, I just don't think it's anywhere near value for money.

To put in terms that I hope Alan can understand - the SFA are exploiting their monopoly position. They're also exploiting fans loyalty.

SFA: "What's the maximum we can charge these punters so that they'll only moan about the cost but doesn't adversely impact on them renewing?"

Marketing experts: "£50 for two years"

SFA: (taps calculator and then writes with a pencil) "... Tidy!"

Marketing experts: "But £50 is the maximum before we predict an impact on their actual behaviour, so we recommend an 'early bird offer' of £45"

SFA: (taps calculator, writes again with a pencil and nods slowly) "Still a nice little earner for no much outlay. Plus we can stick booking fees, credit card fees plus postage and package on top of that."

Everyone smiles and nods.

Aye, I can afford the £24 a year, I just don't think it's anywhere near value for money.

To put in terms that I hope Alan can understand - the SFA are exploiting their monopoly position. They're also exploiting fans loyalty.

SFA: "What's the maximum we can charge these punters so that they'll only moan about the cost but doesn't adversely impact on them renewing?"

Marketing experts: "£50 for two years"

SFA: (taps calculator and then writes with a pencil) "... Tidy!"

Marketing experts: "But £50 is the maximum before we predict an impact on their actual behaviour, so we recommend an 'early bird offer' of £45"

SFA: (taps calculator, writes again with a pencil and nods slowly) "Still a nice little earner for no much outlay. Plus we can stick booking fees, credit card fees plus postage and package on top of that."

Everyone smiles and nods.

That's you being sought out and banned.