Ssc Renewal Information - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop-de-doo

45 notes for another two years of regular spam e-mails, last minute friendliy announcements, pick-up points that are out of the way and generally poor service from the $FA.

The digital age sure has a lot to answer for.

But whoop-de-doo, the $FA really values our custom.

Of course they do.

Yeah, right.

What's Marjory doing these days?

Edited by Barney Rubble

Reasonable price plus no s h i t e tat like badges, keyrings, kilt pins and CDs with nostalgiac and sentimental dross.

The grievance-merchants will surely still find something to whine about though.

Do you honestly think that's a "reasonable price" for the service provided? I don't. I think the SFA have whacked a significant mark-up on the membership fee over the years and continue to exploit blind loyalty of fans as a significant income stream.

Plus we're guaranteed at least a t-shirt so I'd haud off celebrating the lack of "tat" until your membership pack arrives.

Whoop-de-doo

45 notes for another two years of regular spam e-mails, last minute friendliy announcements, pick-up points that are out of the way and generally poor service from the $FA.

The $FA comment in the minutes from their meeting with ATAC suggests we'll be able to set email preferences from May next year. Will believe it when it happens though as I'm fed up getting emails about things I have zero interest in. I'm as far as you'll get from an $FA apologist but a lot of the pickup locations are outwith their control.

I'm as far as you'll get from an $FA apologist but a lot of the pickup locations are outwith their control.

Not sure I agree with you on that one.

I speak as an overseas member so picking up is the norm for me.

Most of the time they get locations right, but they right royally cock up a few of them - Novi Sad and Faro spring to mind. And that's just the locations.

I suspect and expect that in some locations they will not pay what city centre hotels are asking to host a ticket booth.

Not sure I agree with you on that one.

I speak as an overseas member so picking up is the norm for me.

Most of the time they get locations right, but they right royally cock up a few of them - Novi Sad and Faro spring to mind. And that's just the locations.

I suspect and expect that in some locations they will not pay what city centre hotels are asking to host a ticket booth.

Think with the Novi Sad game the pick-up was arranged to suit the masses that were staying in Belgrade. But Faro was a balls up. I don't really see why the SFA need to do anything special as regards hotels hosting pick-up points. If they're spending a fortune on a squad and officials staying in a hotel the least the hotel can do is throw in is a wee free room for a few hours for pick-ups. I'm assuming the SFA have the nous to ask for this, though maybe not. Alternatively, there will surely be no end of bars happy to hand over a corner (as in Koper and Molde) if it brings loads of thirsty fans through their doors.

Think with the Novi Sad game the pick-up was arranged to suit the masses that were staying in Belgrade. But Faro was a balls up. I don't really see why the SFA need to do anything special as regards hotels hosting pick-up points. If they're spending a fortune on a squad and officials staying in a hotel the least the hotel can do is throw in is a wee free room for a few hours for pick-ups. I'm assuming the SFA have the nous to ask for this, though maybe not. Alternatively, there will surely be no end of bars happy to hand over a corner (as in Koper and Molde) if it brings loads of thirsty fans through their doors.

Pick up in Moldova was at the team hotel

No problem with pick ups, no problem with location of the Gibraltar pick up either. It was just a bit chaotic to find. Really suprised they couldn't have set up nearer fan zone. Was sorry to hear some of the girls were verbally abused. No need for that.

Will also renew my membership as I don't want to loose my away points.

No problem with pick ups, no problem with location of the Gibraltar pick up either. It was just a bit chaotic to find. Really suprised they couldn't have set up nearer fan zone. Was sorry to hear some of the girls were verbally abused. No need for that.

Will also renew my membership as I don't want to loose my away points.

The away points are about the only thing that I will renew for but at this moment in time I can't even motivate myself to book up for anywhere. Probably be different nearer the time but the last campaign left me on a real downer about the national team, and not just on the park either.

If some people dont want to pay the money, fine, thats okay, but please do not critisise the people who are happy to pay and follow their country. :chillpill:

:ok: hows tricks big man see you next trip.i will renew so get it right up you bunch of misrable b*stards who are so thight you could bring a single oot yer back poket

:ok: hows tricks big man see you next trip.i will renew so get it right up you bunch of misrable b*stards who are so thight you could bring a single oot yer back poket

It's not really a question of being tight. 45 quid probably isn't going to break the bank for anyone but understandably people don't feel they are getting value for it and the SFA are taking the piss out of the fans a lot these days, so it's a matter of principle too.

Edited by No Scotland No Party