Lack Of Songs - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lack Of Songs

Doric

I liked the suggestion of another poster in another thread about Jordan Rhodes using tune from 12 Years a Slave but he needs to play for it to be any good!

Aye, that was me. It's hard not to watch that part in the movie and think of him when they are singing. But, yes. It would be pish singing about a player who can't even get off of the bench.

http://youtu.be/7oFcFzJT7Tw

Edited by Ormond

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, that was me. It's hard not to watch that part in the movie and think of him when they are singing. But, yes. It would be pish singing about a player who can't even get off of the bench.http://youtu.be/7oFcFzJT7Tw

j

Still time for The Rhodes Boy to make an impact and hopefully WGS will give him chances. If so, I really like this song as it fits so well to his name and - correct me if I am wrong- will be unique as a football chant.

Aye, that was me. It's hard not to watch that part in the movie and think of him when they are singing. But, yes. It would be pish singing about a player who can't even get off of the bench.http://youtu.be/7oFcFzJT7Tw

This is better ....

http://youtu.be/9gj9uEeuDtQ

Bonnie Scotland, we'll support you ever more.

When was that last sung??????

Have to say, been thinking this a while. We have "we'll be coming", Doe and Deer and some variant vocalisation of Scotland. and that's it.

We've sung "we'll be coming" to death.

you'd think caledonia would get a belting out at games given it's frequently drunkenly sung at the end of manys a pub closing (especially nowadays)

The James McCarthy song was good at the time. Backfired big style though. Wonder if the Irish have one in return for us next week ? Could go like F Off Tartan Army mccarthys haveing a party Oh Dear !!!

Edited by Doric

Bonnie Scotland, we'll support you ever more.

When was that last sung??????

Gibraltar away.

Have to say, been thinking this a while. We have "we'll be coming", Doe and Deer and some variant vocalisation of Scotland. and that's it.

We've sung "we'll be coming" to death.

you'd think caledonia would get a belting out at games given it's frequently drunkenly sung at the end of manys a pub closing (especially nowadays)

Was it always like this? What about the older fans - was there chants in the 70s and 80s, even 90s, that we don't sing anymore and should reintroduce?

Edited by Dunty

Gibraltar away.

Was it always like this? What about the older fans - was there chants in the 70s and 80s, even 90s, that we don't sing anymore and should reintroduce?

England, especially Wembley were always the big ones, obviously and TBH there were a lot of anti-english chants. Lots of use of the F word.

also Jim Holton, six foot two, eyes of blue, etc

Joe Jordan - he's ruthless, he's toothless.

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny Dalglish

I have vague recollections of singing, wait for it.....You'll Never walk Alone at Anfield in the Wales qualifier but this could be an old codger's memory playing tricks or it could have been because we were at Anfield and TBH, I was always very, very drunk at these games!! I expect most of us were. You have probably noticed yourself from the footage, but the kilt was not worn by as many fans in 70s as it is today. In the 70s, we were all steamin in London and it changed in late 80s/early 90s - probably because of the other safety initiatives in the game generally.

Just recalled another cringeworthy day - in Wrexham, probably 1977 -may even have been Ally Mcleod's first game in charge. Wales away. Chanting 'Wrexham's a piggery'. Loads of us. Embarrassed now - glad things have changed.

Wonder how much our decent rep will be damaged by booing GSTQ on Armistice Day in London next year. This will be a whole topic in itself on this board I suspect. Personally, I do not boo other team's anthems but always booed GSTQ in 70s and 80s. As stated, I am an old codger now.

Too much blaring recorded music before home games discourages any activity from the crowd (except obviously sing-alongs like 500 Miles and Loch Lomond) and I really hate their use of that Katy Perry thing. Yes, it's called 'Roar' and there's a 'Hampden Roar' but it's not Scottish and it's rubbish. Personally I can't stand 'We'll be Coming' either - dreary, repetitive dirge.

Though some hate it, I still enjoy 'Doh a Deer'. I remember especially the home win v France in 2006-7 after they'd camped outside our box and had two goals disallowed they seemed to run out of ideas and a round of 'Doh a Deer' emerged in the crowd as we realised that, hey, we're still not losing. And it got better.

England, especially Wembley were always the big ones, obviously and TBH there were a lot of anti-english chants. Lots of use of the F word.

also Jim Holton, six foot two, eyes of blue, etc

Joe Jordan - he's ruthless, he's toothless.

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny Dalglish

I have vague recollections of singing, wait for it.....You'll Never walk Alone at Anfield in the Wales qualifier but this could be an old codger's memory playing tricks or it could have been because we were at Anfield and TBH, I was always very, very drunk at these games!! I expect most of us were. You have probably noticed yourself from the footage, but the kilt was not worn by as many fans in 70s as it is today. In the 70s, we were all steamin in London and it changed in late 80s/early 90s - probably because of the other safety initiatives in the game generally.

Just recalled another cringeworthy day - in Wrexham, probably 1977 -may even have been Ally Mcleod's first game in charge. Wales away. Chanting 'Wrexham's a piggery'. Loads of us. Embarrassed now - glad things have changed.

Wonder how much our decent rep will be damaged by booing GSTQ on Armistice Day in London next year. This will be a whole topic in itself on this board I suspect. Personally, I do not boo other team's anthems but always booed GSTQ in 70s and 80s. As stated, I am an old codger now.

Wrexham is a piggery. Of the highest order.