Kanous Or Villnias ? - Page 3 - Lithuania v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kanous Or Villnias ?

Robroysboy

On 5 July 2016 at 0:50 PM, YORKIE PAM said:

I enjoyed Kaunas in 2010, the ground was a dump though.

So did I. 

Pennies for for a pint and a half decent steak,room was upgraded to the penthouse due to flooding,an evening at a wedding and falling asleep before being carted out of a strip joint. 

Great trip. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I asked LT football on social media where the game would likely be played. As well as Vilnius and Kaunas, I asked about the possibility of Marijampolė too (nae chance, I know but I asked anyway.)  Here's the reply which basically means that there has been no decision made yet but all three options are possibilities.  " Sveiki, kol kas nėra nuspręsta, visi trys variantai neatmestini"

I still reckon it'll be Kaunas

On 2/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, Capital Saint said:

I asked LT football on social media where the game would likely be played. As well as Vilnius and Kaunas, I asked about the possibility of Marijampolė too (nae chance, I know but I asked anyway.)  Here's the reply which basically means that there has been no decision made yet but all three options are possibilities.  " Sveiki, kol kas nėra nuspręsta, visi trys variantai neatmestini"

I still reckon it'll be Kaunas

OK thanks laddie - somebody needs tae gie them a bit o a shake then!

16 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I messaged a guy on twitter who claims to work for lithiuanian fa communiations dept. Says the game will be either vilnuis or marijampole. Says it could be the latter as stadium is ready but 'logistics' could be issue.

A two hour drive from Vilnius according to google.

Hopefully there's someone in the TA who likes to organise buses

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

A two hour drive from Vilnius according to google.

Hopefully there's someone in the TA who likes to organise buses

Watershed is the man for that job, as well as previously, 4Wins did the buses the last 2 visits - both on a not for profit basis and donated the excess monies to charity :ok:

Pretty sure the game won't be in Marijampole.   It's a one stand stadium in the heart of ghetto country with poor-ish transport links.  Myself and another Scottish guy followed FK Vetra to watch us play Suduva there... had to get the team bus back as there was no viable route back to Vilnius. 

The stadium in Vilnius is in the perfect location.  Around a 20 minute walk from the Old Town and a good few bars on the way.    Right next to the train and bus station, too, for anyone travelling in and a 10 minute taxi from the airport.  

Just got this Email from llf,  booked hotel in marijampole for friday just incase!

Hi,

Location has not yet been confirmed – Vilnius, Marijampole or Kaunas are possible locations. Depending on the decision the away supporters‘ ticket number will be decided. Decision most likely  will be taken in May

Get your Google translate around this. My faither in law (wife's Lithuanian) was telling me he's read the game is going ahead in Kauans. Got the wife to trawl a few LT websites and came across this one.  This article says they are expecting a request of 4000tickets for Scotland and England fans. They are going to delay an upgrade to the stadium in Kaunas which will give a capacity of 9200 for the qualifiers. Not a definite I don 't think but almost certain it'll be Kaunas http://sportas.lrytas.lt/futbolas/lietuvos-futbole-dideles-ambicijos-turi-plana-kaip-aplenkti-krepsini.htm

15 hours ago, Capital Saint said:

Get your Google translate around this. My faither in law (wife's Lithuanian) was telling me he's read the game is going ahead in Kauans. Got the wife to trawl a few LT websites and came across this one.  This article says they are expecting a request of 4000tickets for Scotland and England fans. They are going to delay an upgrade to the stadium in Kaunas which will give a capacity of 9200 for the qualifiers. Not a definite I don 't think but almost certain it'll be Kaunas http://sportas.lrytas.lt/futbolas/lietuvos-futbole-dideles-ambicijos-turi-plana-kaip-aplenkti-krepsini.htm

They could give us half that and it'll be more than enough.