Wanky Phrases - Page 36 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

One from the Jags site today that rips my knitting:

'The team now face the equivalent of five cup finals'.

Utter lazy horseshit and blatantly untrue - we face a fight for safety that is dependent on us picking up sufficient points to overcome at least two teams currently above us.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

‘Well appointed’ .

On my flight back from holiday I was reading the airline magazine, there was a piece written by a holidaymaker who had rented a villa from the airline company on a package deal. They were describing the villa , ‘ nice terrace , plenty of space blah blah blah, then  ‘ the villa also had 2 well appointed bathrooms’ .

Wtf??? Who actually talks like that , never mind  somewhere they have just stayed on holiday? I thought it was a phrase invented , and used only by, estate agents . 

On 5/26/2018 at 2:47 PM, macy37 said:

Twice today I’ve seen this one -

“I don’t mind if I do” as in “ cheeky glass of wine (separate cunty phrase) I don’t mind if I do”

Cunts.

These same dingbats also caption a tedious photo of a drink with ‘ and so it begins ‘ 

Please fucking die. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10 June 2018 at 3:06 PM, Jim Beem said:

Adding ‘Artisanal’ to cheese, bread etc then jacking the price up a few quid. Robbing bastards 

and what about "heritage"

as in "heritage sausages"- probably means "ünhealthy, wouldn't now be allowed to be introduced now, probably tastes rank, but it's traditional, so..."  charge normal prices for something inferior 

Edited by exile

On 6/9/2018 at 7:38 PM, TDYER63 said:

‘Well appointed’ .

On my flight back from holiday I was reading the airline magazine, there was a piece written by a holidaymaker who had rented a villa from the airline company on a package deal. They were describing the villa , ‘ nice terrace , plenty of space blah blah blah, then  ‘ the villa also had 2 well appointed bathrooms’ .

Wtf??? Who actually talks like that , never mind  somewhere they have just stayed on holiday? I thought it was a phrase invented , and used only by, estate agents . 

‘ Well appointed semi ‘ is worse though surely 

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

People that throw around "cunts" as if it's just a normal word... it's not, it's the strongest of the strong and shouldnt be used for mere mid-range cunts.

If someone acts like a cunt then cunts they’ll be called.