Wanky Phrases - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

Unfortunately living in Canada ( US lite...)you get inundated with wanky phrases

Awesome has lost its meaning ; to the point that something quite mundane can be described as awesome ; coffee etc ( caawfee )

Rock my world etc

I miss the effect of the word "twat"

Can you be more 'Pacific'...(also tw*ts on message boards who do'...'for effect - 'I'll get my coat'...).

Rapid edit: I didn't notice your use of '...', which is perfectly acceptable and was refering to one of my own on another thread. Tw*tted.

Edited by Mash it up Harry

In addition ; lame ass Ned Flanders like phrases commonly used

Should've , Would've , Could've

Who knew

Gong show ( to describe a balls up)

In reading that back realise had slipped into my own net with use of term lame ass which is normal over here ; but expect comes over as a bit

In mitigation 9 years here now

"Helicopter View"

"In Real Terms"

"Footsoldier" (makes me cringe that one)

East Stand (naw it's the feckin Celtic end for us auld C*nts)

West Stand (naw it's the feckin Rangers end for us auld C*nts)

"Ditto" (was good in the movie Ghost, but not in general conversation)

Oooft. Agreed with just about everything on this thread until I read two of yours. Celtic end and Rangers end my arse. I suspect that I'm every bit as auld as you, but it's the east and west stands!!! In fact I'd put Rangers end and Celtic end on my list of annoying phrases.

Anyway, my offering is the classic Davie Provanism "vey decent", as in "that was a very decent cross". Get yersel tae feck Davie. Doesn't he realise he's basically saying that cross was absolutely alright.

Unfortunately living in Canada ( US lite...)you get inundated with wanky phrases

Awesome has lost its meaning ; to the point that something quite mundane can be described as awesome ; coffee etc ( caawfee )

I'm in a unique position where all of my friends here and including my wife are speaking like me instead of me picking up their words. Two big sayings that are common now in my local pubs and my house are the word and the term for sake. Also, pubs are pubs now and not bars. Most people realise they are doing it now and stare at me when they know where they have picked it up from. :-))

I'm in a unique position where all of my friends here and including my wife are speaking like me instead of me picking up their words. Two big sayings that are common now in my local pubs and my house are the word and the term for sake. Also, pubs are pubs now and not bars. Most people realise they are doing it now and stare at me when they know where they have picked it up from. :-))

Pretty sure that they are all also regularly using : 'coo', 'tractor', fermer', 'ploughed field', and '####in Saints'. Pure speculation on my part, admittedly.

It's usually just the c word in hushed tones

Like dropping a fricking f bomb man

It's usually just the c word in hushed tones

Like dropping a fricking f bomb man

It wasn't even that two years ago. But now on a Saturday night it's not uncommon to hear friends of mine going the whole hog and saying it outright.