Wanky Phrases - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

reading this thread is one of the plus points if the board does close, as I think I use loads of these phrases and think nothing of it. Maybe I've become immune to it.

Time is money and people just need labels to shortcut things in corporate life so if everyone knows what 'offline' means it works rather than a long drawn out "can you and you please set up time to discuss this issue between yourselves and find out more details, then come back to you with options"

maybe even time is money is a wanky phrase

12 hours ago, jockodile said:

reading this thread is one of the plus points if the board does close, as I think I use loads of these phrases and think nothing of it. Maybe I've become immune to it.

Time is money and people just need labels to shortcut things in corporate life so if everyone knows what 'offline' means it works rather than a long drawn out "can you and you please set up time to discuss this issue between yourselves and find out more details, then come back to you with options"

Aye, it is.:ok:

12 hours ago, jockodile said:

Unless you're Neymar then the extra 3 seconds it takes to say "let's discuss this later" isn't really costing much extra money... 

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Unless you're Neymar then the extra 3 seconds it takes to say "let's discuss this later" isn't really costing much extra money... 

Although it is incredibly frustrating/boring when a meeting gets bogged down by a discussion between 2 people that could be taken "offline" rather than boring everyone else to tears....

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Although it is incredibly frustrating/boring when a meeting gets bogged down by a discussion between 2 people that could be taken "offline" rather than boring everyone else to tears....

In laymans terms "let's take this offline" means

"You're right, but I don't want you to continue this now as you're making me look like a right <unt in front of my staff"

34 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

In laymans terms "let's take this offline" means

"You're right, but I don't want you to continue this now as you're making me look like a right <unt in front of my staff"

:lol:

Ah yes, that could be a point.

Although it could be used to avoid getting sidetracked by trivial or irrelevant dross aswell.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It doesn't take long to say "you two, shut the fuk up and lets get back to what we are supposed to be discussing". 

Too much namby-pamby fannying aboot these days.

• 4 months later...