2016 Polling - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

YouGov Poll - Constituency/List

SNP - 51/45 (±0/±0)

Lab - 21/20 (-1/±0)

Con - 19/19 (+1/+1)

Lib - 5/5 (+1/+1)

Grn - 1/6 (-1/±0)

UKIP - 2/3 (+2/±0)

SSP - 0/3 (-2/±0)

Conservatives closing in on Labour...

Should Scotland be an indepedent country?

Yes - 48 (±0)

No - 52 (±0)

Edited by Clyde1998

So much for the "Corbyn bounce" we were told to expect in Scotland.

Come on Torcuil Crichton, how are you going to spin this one ya greasy ?

In recent weeks in the House of Commons, there's been a really disturbing anti-Scottish sentiment growing amongst Labour's MP's from the North East of England. One of them, Kevan Jones, was at it today in a defence debate.

No Corbyn bounce as Scotland is not left wing. SNP are as radical or progressive as pre '79 Conservative Party.

I think the main things that are happening is that Labour have already lost those who support independence to the SNP and those on the right of Labour, and support the union, are moving to the Conservatives.

This leaves Labour with those who vote Labour by default as they've closed their minds to changing who they vote for.

Thanks SNP for Council tax freezes. Stamp duty cut. Air tax cut. Everyone agrees with austerity.

Council Tax Freeze http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34326185

Stamp Duty had to be brought in line with what your beloved Tories did in England - we are still part of the UK which you voted for

Air Tax Cuts http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-31789066

So much for the "Corbyn bounce" we were told to expect in Scotland.

Come on Torcuil Crichton, how are you going to spin this one ya greasy ?

In recent weeks in the House of Commons, there's been a really disturbing anti-Scottish sentiment growing amongst Labour's MP's from the North East of England. One of them, Kevan Jones, was at it today in a defence debate.

I wonder if it could be that people now view the two Labours as separate entities, and as such the party led by Jeremy Corbyn isn't standing for election next May. The party led by Kezia Dugdale, on the other hand, is. And that party is a shambles.

Certainly, if they are serious about mounting any kind of campaign they need to ditch their near constant sniping at the SNP, put their thinking caps on and devise some actual policies - and some meaningful ones at that.

Council Tax Freeze http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34326185

Stamp Duty had to be brought in line with what your beloved Tories did in England - we are still part of the UK which you voted for

Air Tax Cuts http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-31789066

Redistribution of income all for the middle classes. Bingo.

Pretty depressing that YES is still behind after all that's happened in the last year tbh.

So good stuff in Nicola's speech, focussing on need for a good majority before indyref2. Hard work plus time will do it if we stay focussed on policy issues. Basically lay off independence issue for a year or so depending on circumstances. A year or three is nothing.

Euro exit, oil price increase, continued tory uncaring spending cuts, old people dying, Labour frack ups and who knows what else.

But SNP can't be complacent. No triumphalism but keep working on issues. Land reform would be an area that could gain more attention for instance.

So let independence lie for a while and I think she is right in thinking the YES numbers will rise.

I can't really see them falling. But when to go? 55? 60? I think we will be lucky to see these numbers. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by jumbocummings

Under the SNP crime statistics are at their lowest in over 50 years. More affordable housing is being built in Scotland than in the rest of the UK put together, we've built more new railway links than the rUK, and under all measurable circumstances the NHS in Scotland outperforms the NHS in rUK.

Under the SNP class sizes in Scottish schools are the smallest average size ever, more modern schools are being built than at any time under a Unionist administration, and education is free.

On top of that, every year since the SNP has been in power, the books have been balanced.

Of course, more needs to be done on all of these issues all the time but all these issues above....combined with the important part that the SNP have given Scotland its pride back, and given it more of an identity than any time in the last 300 years....are reason to be grateful that we have an SNP government in power in Scotland and not a feckless, hopeless, insipid, dependent, Unionist administration.

SNP need to continue doing a solid job in government as first priority.

Only by doing so will some people finally realise Scotland can run its own affairs.
The biggest danger is complacency due to weak opposition.

Did we really "lose" the referendum ?
Result was NO : but Scottish political landscape changed forever in our favor as result.

Pretty depressing that YES is still behind after all that's happened in the last year tbh.

So good stuff in Nicola's speech, focussing on need for a good majority before indyref2. Hard work plus time will do it if we stay focussed on policy issues. Basically lay off independence issue for a year or so depending on circumstances. A year or three is nothing.

Euro exit, oil price increase, continued tory uncaring spending cuts, old people dying, Labour frack ups and who knows what else.

But SNP can't be complacent. No triumphalism but keep working on issues. Land reform would be an area that could gain more attention for instance.

So let independence lie for a while and I think she is right in thinking the YES numbers will rise.

I can't really see them falling. But when to go? 55? 60? I think we will be lucky to see these numbers. Hope I'm wrong.

I think both sides are pretty much entrenched. Hard to see a game changer to bring over 10% to Yes at the moment. Can only think a potential Osborne or Johnson premiership may work for us.