Allison Street, Govanhill, Glasgow - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allison Street, Govanhill, Glasgow

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a few do gooders on here who don't have 1st hand experience of the place trying to tell folk who live or work there that they know different. The glasgow council have ruined this area with the scum they have brought to the area. For which they were weighed in by the UK government. It is indeed a he'll hole. If any of you want a guided tour. Don't hesitate to ask me.

It's not park lane, but it's certainly not Baghdad either. I'd rather walk through Govanhill day or night than Royston, Balarnock, Springburn or anywhere in North Glasgow for example. As I said earlier, the council have failed the roma community that have moved in as well as the existing community. To call them scum is incredibly harsh and again to call it a hell hole is such an over reaction.

Aye vicy rd is still not too bad but walk down Allison st to Cathcart rd and all the streets between are a shitehole. In truth it was going downhill for years. But ####ed now. Got rid of the junkies right enough even they moved out.

It's not park lane, but it's certainly not Baghdad either. I'd rather walk through Govanhill day or night than Royston, Balarnock, Springburn or anywhere in North Glasgow for example. As I said earlier, the council have failed the roma community that have moved in as well as the existing community. To call them scum is incredibly harsh and again to call it a hell hole is such an over reaction.

do you work for the council by any chance. My brothers close had to be fumigated for bed bugs as did many others. All the brass in the close got stole. All the lead on roofs got stole.his bike was chained to a pole .got stole. They were not wanted in Slovakia. But we take them.

I'd rather take my chances in Springburn.

We must be going backwards again - this is a grim set from the Gorbals and Maryhill taken in 1969 - 1972 (the photographer has only now agreed to release them - they weren't released at the time to protect the families involved) -

http://www.shelterscotland.org/lifeworthliving

Great photos but they are indeed grim. Cumbernauld or East Kilbride must've seemed like the promised land...

Edited by Toepoke

They live like savages in North Glasgow and they're oor ain folk

We must be going backwards again - this is a grim set from the Gorbals and Maryhill taken in 1969 - 1972 (the photographer has only now agreed to release them - they weren't released at the time to protect the families involved)

My Grandparents and Dad were moved to new houses in Cadder scheme in Maryhill on account of my Grandpas war record. Indoor toilet! Not shared with another family! People called my dad posh at school.

It's difficult to know where to start with this. Them standing on street corners is something they do, caribbean folk do it in London, it's part of the culture. If they are not commiting a crime, Its difficult to move them on. They are selling their kids for sex. Do you have any evidence for this and if so, did you notify the police? People didn't visit your flat because they were too scared to get out their car I find hard to believe and your last sentence is just lol. Also, 'hijacking' council meetings it's not a great way to make your feelings known.

When my wife and kids were walking through them as they had to do to get to our house getting pushed about then I think this is something that when you hear that's what they do in their own country then sorry but it's unacceptable in Scotland or anywhere else for that matter.

They were offering there kids for sex at the Chinese restaurant at the corner of langside road and it's why the owner who was there for years left, as for jumping the council meeting when you are getting constantly getting ignored by everyone what the hell do you expect, when assaulted I was walking back from the newsagents and when having to walk throw the crowd was hit from the back and then kicked up and down the street, lost a £2000 chain which was give to me as a present from my now dead uncle and cid and the police where involved but never found anyone to charge, shocker, as for the selling there kids then yes Police and council were told and was told no proof, we moved out soon afterwords due to didn't feel safe walking home. As for the estate agent, call me a liar if you like, I have no reason to make this up just telling the truth of what happened when I lived there and why I moved out

How the do-gooders on here can defend these people baffles me ^?^

No one is defending the individual, I am the defending them as a community as you are tarnishing them with the same brush. There has been numerous rapes in the city centre in recent months commuted by young white Scottish men. Will you be avoiding the city centre from now on? There was a shooting up bishopbriggs a couple of weeks ago, will you be avoiding that area?

Every city in the world has dodgy areas and there are worse places in Glasgow than Govanhill. Punters just don't like it because it's Populated by folk that don't have white faces and aren't called Davie or Arthur.

Edited by Mox

No one is defending the individual, I am the defending them as a community as you are tarnishing them with the same brush. There has been numerous rapes in the city centre in recent months commuted by young white Scottish men. Will you be avoiding the city centre from now on? There was a shooting up bishopbriggs a couple of weeks ago, will you be avoiding that area?

Every city in the world has dodgy areas and there are worse places in Glasgow than Govanhill. Punters just don't like it because it's Populated by folk that don't have white faces and aren't called Davie or Arthur.

Complete utter drivel.

Spot on would have felt better getting kicked up and down the street by a white person or my wife and kids getting barged by white people, Jesus have you read anything on this thread, houses going for sale there mate as you would love it, this has all to do with race this is to do with what happened, that fact it was Roma gypsys is not my fault, sorry should just have said great place to live and shut up