Scott Brown To Call It Quits? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown To Call It Quits?

Shaun

I've no idea why so many posters think Fletcher's finished.

Because since his return from illness he's been consistently poor for us and was the worst player on the park against Gibraltar. He's also 31 and so not an age to be starting to build a midfield around seeing as he'd be 33 by the next tournament.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Dorrans - Unimpressive against Gibraltar. Nothing he tried came off and I suspect he's not good enough defensively.

I thought he played well in Faro, always wanting the ball and trying to make things happen, was in stark contrast to when Fletcher came on.

Darren looks done I am afraid.

I'd like to see an attacking midfielder play in behind the striker, like Milik for Poland the other night, a proper number 10.

Because since his return from illness he's been consistently poor for us and was the worst player on the park against Gibraltar. He's also 31 and so not an age to be starting to build a midfield around seeing as he'd be 33 by the next tournament.

He's barely played for us since he started getting regular Premiership games at WBA. He created the second goal against Poland.

Fletcher's always come in for unwarranted criticism because we've wanted him to be able to pull the team along on his own for most of his career.

How you can claim that he's unfit for international duty because he wasn't as good as some others in a game we won 6-0 is beyond me.

31 isn't really that old. He's the most professional player that we have and he's always been there for Scotland. Far from finished in my opinion. He should be our captain for the next campaign.

If this is true and he does quit then it's a kick in the teeth for WGS who backed him as captain and first team regular ahead of Darren Fletcher throughout the campaign.

If he's of the mind to quit, then he's not someone I want around the team... Same goes for Hutton. Woy made a big deal about all the English players singing their anthem and I think he's right. Give me 11 players that want to belt out FoS over those that just stand there emotionless any day. Anyone got the stats on the correlation to those that don't sing to those that call off friendlies/ retire early?

I've no idea why so many posters think Fletcher's finished. He may not be at his best, but I still think he's a much better bet than Broon to lead the team in the middle of the park.

Not sure if he looks better on TV or something, but in the last 2 games he was very poor. Hardly moving around the midfield and misplacing passes all over the place. He is no longer the energetic midfielder he once was, in fact he is the opposite in that he slows the game right down.

He's barely played for us since he started getting regular Premiership games at WBA. He created the second goal against Poland.

Fletcher's always come in for unwarranted criticism because we've wanted him to be able to pull the team along on his own for most of his career.

How you can claim that he's unfit for international duty because he wasn't as good as some others in a game we won 6-0 is beyond me.

31 isn't really that old. He's the most professional player that we have and he's always been there for Scotland. Far from finished in my opinion. He should be our captain for the next campaign.

One of my all time favourite players and people,but something is missing.His ball winning ability isn't what it was.The aura that he would never get tired eg also.i'd just like the old Fletch back,but time and tide.......

James McArthur - Looks decent for Palace and seems to mix attacking and defending well. Not sure he's reliable enough, diving in again Germany. *shiver*

he has been excellent this season for palace, would be first name on my team sheet for next campaign (assuming he keeps it up), with or without broon in the equation

If this is true and he does quit then it's a kick in the teeth for WGS who backed him as captain and first team regular ahead of Darren Fletcher throughout the campaign.

If he's of the mind to quit, then he's not someone I want around the team... Same goes for Hutton. Woy made a big deal about all the English players singing their anthem and I think he's right. Give me 11 players that want to belt out FoS over those that just stand there emotionless any day. Anyone got the stats on the correlation to those that don't sing to those that call off friendlies/ retire early?

I've no idea why so many posters think Fletcher's finished. He may not be at his best, but I still think he's a much better bet than Broon to lead the team in the middle of the park.

This is unbelievably pathetic. They're playing a football game, I would rather they were focusing on the game than singing the anthem.

This is unbelievably pathetic. They're playing a football game, I would rather they were focusing on the game than singing the anthem.

its a bit pathetic that any sportsman cant bring themselves to sing the national anthem of their own country when half of the rest of their team are

how hard is it to mouth the words

I'd rather have Ian Black playing for us than McCarthy. Black might be a detestable wee whank and shite at fitba but at least he classes himself as Scottish.

more salt in the wounds with him putting in a man of the match performance against germany. went through his perfomance on a sports show and he was immense at breaking up the play and keeping the ball

He's been poor for Scotland for a year or so now, and seems to have less influence for Celtic as well.

Seemingly gone are the days when Brown was a box to box player with a decent eye for goal.

However, I wouldn't write him off just yet. I've a feeling that he can still re-invent himself and get back into form.

its a bit pathetic that any sportsman cant bring themselves to sing the national anthem of their own country when half of the rest of their team are

Exactly.

What if the fans didn't bother singing the anthem either?

Aye that's where we're going wrong, players not singing the anthem. If they were putting in a decent performance on the park then I wouldn't give a fcuk if he was whistling the tune to Terry & June to himself while the anthems are playing.

he has been excellent this season for palace, would be first name on my team sheet for next campaign (assuming he keeps it up), with or without broon in the equation

Yep, seems to be doing well for Palace and I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I haven't watched a lot of them this season. There's just always been question marks about his concentration and decision making. He's seemed a lot better this season for club, and some players do improve a lot late on (Paul Hartley was great for us and didnt get a cap before 28), so fingers crossed. Diving in against Germany, which handed them a goal, just keeps that doubt I have going tho.

I thought he played well in Faro, always wanting the ball and trying to make things happen, was in stark contrast to when Fletcher came on.

Darren looks done I am afraid.

I'd like to see an attacking midfielder play in behind the striker, like Milik for Poland the other night, a proper number 10.

I'm thinking that's where Snodgrass will slot in once he's back at 100%. Anya, Snoddy, Ritchie behind Fletcher.

I'll agree that Dorrans looked like he wanted the ball, and was trying to make things happen, but how many of them came off? It wasn't high, infact I can't really remember any. His 1-2 attempts were all dealt with, and this was Gibraltar. There was little end product despite his ambition, and against better opposition it's going to be even harder to pull things off. That's why I've got concerns about him.

Your opinion but I think you need to get a grip. I think it's embarrassing watching them sing it. Leave that to the crowd. It's not a singing competition we're there for its a football match. I'd rather they stick to concentrating on getting mentally prepared than trying to sing a song.

Your opinion but I think you need to get a grip. I think it's embarrassing watching them sing it. Leave that to the crowd. It's not a singing competition we're there for its a football match. I'd rather they stick to concentrating on getting mentally prepared than trying to sing a song.

Exactly. As well as this they're not there to create an atmosphere. Some players will get more pumped up just listening and taking it all in. I know I would be like that if I was playing.

That people actually care about who sings is incredibly sad.

I'm thinking that's where Snodgrass will slot in once he's back at 100%. Anya, Snoddy, Ritchie behind Fletcher.

I'll agree that Dorrans looked like he wanted the ball, and was trying to make things happen, but how many of them came off? It wasn't high, infact I can't really remember any. His 1-2 attempts were all dealt with, and this was Gibraltar. There was little end product despite his ambition, and against better opposition it's going to be even harder to pull things off. That's why I've got concerns about him.

If you're looking for someone for whom nothing came off then you need look no further than Ritchie. Gave the ball away time and again under no pressure.

I'd like to see Anya, Snodgrass & Russell behind a front man.