Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018

Lone Piper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason for renewing membership for me is for away games.

A lot of folk in the 0-2 point category probably won't (or shouldnt) bother.

I chucked it after the last campaign as I didn't get to an away game and have so far always managed to pick up tickets for home games.

It was a £50 scarf effectively.

Those on low points probably wouldn't get a ticket for an away qualifier through the SSC, so it does become a bit pointless unless you're travelling regularly.

(The system isn't perfect, but is fair, just isn't particularly useful for folk who only occasionally travel)

A lot of folk in the 0-2 point category probably won't (or shouldnt) bother.

I chucked it after the last campaign as I didn't get to an away game and have so far always managed to pick up tickets for home games.

It was a £50 scarf effectively.

Those on low points probably wouldn't get a ticket for an away qualifier through the SSC, so it does become a bit pointless unless you're travelling regularly.

(The system isn't perfect, but is fair, just isn't particularly useful for folk who only occasionally travel)

I do think the system is fair, it's the price a lot of folk object to. £50 for the right to buy tickets, that are, in turn, over priced.

£10 admin fee should be all that you are required to pay to join to SSC, with all the other pish they offer, made available as optional extras.

I do think the system is fair, it's the price a lot of folk object to. £50 for the right to buy tickets, that are, in turn, over priced.

£10 admin fee should be all that you are required to pay to join to SSC, with all the other pish they offer, made available as optional extras.

They could have a 2 tier system I suppose, as £50 for the right to buy over priced tickets for home games is excessive and a double sting, if you're going away I suppose it's a bit more justifiable, although not much.

It appears the consensus is that regardless of the quality or quantity of the goodies they send out, most folk would happily scrap those if it reduced the price?

If you went to the home qualifiers only and joined the SSC to guarantee your tickets, the cost per game must be ~£50.

:shocked:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it

Spot on :ok:

If you do the number crunching over a campaign for home games:

Membership: £50

Season Ticket: £250

Replica Top: £50

And depending on your personal circumstances, for each game you are probably ave £100 on travel, food & beer money (and that's if you're local, some will be considerably higher if you're traveling from afar) £600 (5 qualifiers and England game)

There's £950 for starters... for another failure.

The SFA should be run as a governing body, not a commercial organisation. Maybe that will help get the real focus back!

Edited by McDange

If you do the number crunching over a campaign for home games:

Membership: £50

Season Ticket: £250

Replica Top: £50

And depending on your personal circumstances, for each game you are probably ave £100 on travel, food & beer money (and that's if you're local, some will be considerably higher if you're traveling from afar) £600 (5 qualifiers and England game)

There's £950 for starters... for another failure.

The SFA should be run as a governing body, not a commercial organisation. Maybe that will help get the real focus back!

Get the general point that home games are expensive even if you live in the west but are you not exaggerating a bit? Accommodation and time off work obviously pushes the prices up a lot but how many fans spend more than 100 pounds on food, drink and transport for home games and shirt is hardly compulsory either. Apart from that I agree that ticket prices are ridiculous (SFA got off with it cause of big away supports at matches) at home matches.

Get the general point that home games are expensive even if you live in the west but are you not exaggerating a bit? Accommodation and time off work obviously pushes the prices up a lot but how many fans spend more than 100 pounds on food, drink and transport for home games and shirt is hardly compulsory either. Apart from that I agree that ticket prices are ridiculous (SFA got off with it cause of big away supports at matches) at home matches.

We've been hearing these murmurings for some time, usually at the end of each unsuccessful campaign BUT I've got to say I am almost there too...

Now I've not missed a home game for 15 years and am a regular away game traveler, been goin to games for over 30yrs. I appreciate the away points system, I think it is fine BUT I fail to see the benefit in the SSC for those who don't or can't travel away for whatever reason. General Sale tickets are hardly difficult to get hold of.

Due to all the fking about by authorities moving games to stupid midweek days, transport being awkward at best (particularly for getting home when ScotRail seems completely ignorant of the fact that there are thousands trying to get the same few trains after the game), ticket prices being damned expensive plus optional but sometimes unavoidable expenses like food, drink, merchandising (jerseys, scarves, programmes), accomodation for some and time off work this is starting to become really fkin expensive. I've not pieced the costs together but I will when I get the time.

You've got to ask though , where exactly is our loyalty getting us?

Think a two tier membership is a good idea, one to cover home games only and one to cover away games as well.

Aye on the back of my post I would agree with this. I go home and away and would be happy to pay £20 per campaign, with those looking for home tickets only paying a tenner.

Never happen of course, since when did our opinion on it matter?

Goozay, on 15 Oct 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Has anyone ever seen the breakdown of costs that it takes to run the SSC?

Has anyone ever asked the SFA for a breakdown of those costs?

These will never be released. The SSC is run as a commercial operation to make money for the SFA. It should however be run as a not-for-profit members club.

Agree with most of the points on this thread, and I would love to see members make some sort of stand to get prices down.

However, sitting on 5 points, I'd be loathed to give them points up by quitting or boycotting, and I'm sure many members are the same. The SFA and SSC know this, and know most threats will be empty threats.

In this campaign I didn't go to Georgia or Gibraltar home games due to the price, and missed Ireland at home too because made a choice between it and England as wasn't paying £90 for two games.

Instead I went to four of the five away games which meant oddly I went to more away games than home. For £45 I was able to get a match ticket in Faro, a shared hotel room, a shared taxi to and from stadium and my train ticket to Lisbon!

If the prices are similar this campaign I can see England being the only home game I go to. The rest I am quite happy to watch on TV. Home games v Slovakia, Slovenia and Malta are experiences I'm sure I can live without.

Maybe fans should think about similar if the prices remain the same. Refuse to buy for home games (clearly an England boycott won't work because it could sell out twice over) but stay in the SSC if you're keen on going to away games.

An empty Hampden for the first home game v Lithuania I'm sure would make a point.

Reckon this campaign bought membership £50, Season ticket £250, went to Germany, Ireland and Gibraltar, Nigeria game as well i have worked out i hvae spent £4000 this campaign on flights, buses, trains, ferries, tickets, food, beer, merchandise etc and got to be honest seriously considering giving up the away games even though i am on 5 points now. Just had enough being ripped of by SFA and gutted the now, maybe in a couple of months might change my mind but way feeling the now is forget buying thr membership just buy a ticket now for the home games and that will be me.