Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018

Lone Piper

Right, another disappointing campaign over then.

Over this campaign, I've really been forced into thinking about value for money and the hassles of being a supporter. Austerity is affecting the normal punter and the family man. It's not helped with the extortionate prices and hassles we encounter like trying to get time off work.

1) The traffic situation is beyond belief, Left Fife at 3pm but it was still 4 hours to get to Hampden for the last two home games despite the new M74. Car Parking is worse than it's ever been. Even the Buses I've been on are getting there late. So all that delay and half a tank of petrol to watch 65 minutes of Fitba? What made it worse last night was No delay for the kick off and the amount of Polish supporters that were able to get tickets for the home end who then proceeded to act like complete numpties. Further roadworks meant getting home at 1am. Not Good.

2) The price of SSC membership to buy home tickets when I can easily pick them up in a general sale. I admit I've not been an away trip for a while so I will be ending the campaign with zero points. I've resigned myself to never getting an away ticket again so is the £50+ Membership cost value for money for me? At the moment, No. I think massive loyalty discounts for long time loyalty to the club should be adopted by the SFA.

3) The cost of the tickets. This really needs looking at. There should be a discount scheme for SSC Members. No, not a season ticket because we can't stump up £100's pounds at a moments notice.

A season ticket at Bayern Munich starts at £104 (€140) but we are paying a fortune to watch gutless wonders like last night.

So after 25 years, I'm thinking of the unthinkable. Giving up the SSC / STC membership and Staying home to watch it on Sky from the comfort of the hoose. I think the TA clubs should make the SFA aware and emphasise what a supporter endures and the hassles we go through to watch 4-5-1 gash like last night.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came out the SSC about eight years, after they doubled the membership thus resulting in only getting one home ticket. For years it wasnt a problem. Added to that, this campaign saw a big hike in the Home jersey which was only available from one outlet. The match ticket price doesn't represent value for money, the games are on Sky TV and there's not even proper match highlights on now.

I stopped doing away games, when I started realising that air companies etc starting hiking their prices up when Scotland played away, knowing in advance that they had a captured market.

Last night was the first game I went to in this campaign. I'm fed up being ripped off, if I didn't go, it would have been the first campaign in about thirty years that I didn't attend.

Their price structure for the World Cup campaign is going to be interesting.

Edited by TartanJim45

Agree about the air price hikes, also hard to get an away ticket unless you have the 'points' plus by the time Gibraltar away came round I couldn't afford to go anyway. Been to every home game including friendlies for the last several years but no loyalty points for that.

Agree about the air price hikes, also hard to get an away ticket unless you have the 'points' plus by the time Gibraltar away came round I couldn't afford to go anyway. Been to every home game including friendlies for the last several years but no loyalty points for that.

Shite.

I'll not be renewing. I also won't be going to anymore games until the SFA start showing some loyalty to us. They keep banging on about the great support. It's time we showed them that we're sick of extortionate prices for a shitey product.

The next campaign will be my last in the SSC. It will be 10 years and with the football on offer, the prices of tickets/membership, having to fly up from England etc. I have had enough. I would call it a day now but I have promised my son that we would go. In 2017 I will either buy a Brighton or Southampton season ticket for me and the boy or come up the road for the odd game. My boy is half Welsh and we live in England so there is a risk with these Euros he might have his head turned, I will not encourage it but his family and friends might.

Despondent doesn’t even start to sum up how I feel about the national team right now. The worst thing is I have felt this after the last three campaigns and have still come back for more. Next Campaign will be my last.

Edited by kmcca5

I have debated my membership for a while.

I can get tickets for most home games without the £50 surcharge. I used to have loads of points but working as a teacher I can only ever seem to go to away games in the October holidays if they fall kindly for me. This has seen me fall to 0 or 1 point, can't mind which one. So if the game is high demand I wouldn't get a ticket, if it isn't high demand I would pick up a ticket for the Scotland end easily over there.

Also with the week of football and living near Tain I can't go to every home game anyway with these midweek games.

So what do I gain out of paying £50?? It seems just a force of habbit that I am still a memeber and a stupid reluctance to give up membership.

The England home game being a Saturday is the only thing that is tempting me to stay on as it will be high demand. I could possibly get a ticket from a friend if members are offered a 2nd one but who knows what the deal will be.

Agree with most of the op,but the sfa can't control traffic,or parking.

And it's virtually impossible to stop poles getting in too.

I know 4 people that are in the algarve since Wednesday and all sold on every ticket they could get there hands on to polish workmates.

We cant even get a pass for the car park any more for our bus.Its shambolic and last night the bus was parked miles away up past the international bar.We got home at 1am aswell and we have never been that late for a midweek game.Price structure is a joke,policing and stewarding is a joke.I dont even other to ask about getting our club flag in because all i got was 101 questions.Last night the poles had flares,firecrackers and massive flags which is fine but how do they get stuff in.

Move the games to Celtic park for starters. I can get home about 2245 from there. Hampden is shite and anyway and the traffic is even worse.

We cant complain about poles in the home end as scottish fans do it every away game.

I'll pay the membership only because I want to go to a few away games. tickets should be £25 for all home games next time for members.

Edited by wembley67lisbon