Strachan - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tbh I'm not that bothered either way whether Strachan goes or stays as Manager..

What I do think tho' is if he stays he needs to be taken into a room by whoever is officially his "boss" and told in no uncertain terms that the sarcastic wee smartarse routine has to stop immediately and hitting out with comments along the lines of his "40 years" one whenever anyone dares to question him is not on

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sack the manager" yeah that'll change everything .........

Why isn't Burley or Levein still in place?

Strachan has failed, it's that simple. He promised much, but we haven't progressed. I like him, but his attitude isn't great, his selections dubious and his tactics have been poor.

A winning manager can do what he wants, but as soon as things deviate from winning, people question you. He has been questioned, and he doesn't have the answers.

I think he'll go (his choice). His contract is up soon, no?

The lack of respect in Georgia, and then whatever pish he was spouting about Bhuddism tonight are him believing his own press. The 'velocity' line was funny, but he doesn't have to do it every time there's a camera pointed at him.

Games dont finish at 70mins and poor results like Georgia put Scotland in position to allow this type of thing to happen.

Scotland got luck as well. Deflected goals etc.

Fact is we are seven points behind Ireland. We are a lot closer in points to Georgia.

Six points.

Usual problem for us. 11 months till next competitive match so cheaper not to appoint anyone till February or later, maybe several months later when club commitments don`t get in the way. Could understand many people not wanting to take over now just for some friendlies in November and March.but early appointment or reaappointment would show interest if nothing else.

Sick of the "glorious failure" excuses every time, simple fact we are not good enough. Strachan has his players he will always pick regardless off form. Rhodes, Griffiths or even mccormack should have been ahead of fletcher. Going backwards under Strachan, burley and levein hounded out for less, Georgia again killed us, not a shot at goal, deserve to be out after that. Simply not good enough I'm afraid.

Levein and Burley hounded out for far less? You reckon?

Yes absolutely, fail to see where we have improved under Strachan, compare his record to levein and burley and its barely better. Under wgs if your face doesn't fit then forget it ala, Rhodes, Griffiths, mccormack etc, pick a team to win not your chums who have continually failed you.

But of course media loves wgs, so doubt any criticism coming soon.

I hope he doesnt go.... We play far more attractive football under him. Our results have been decent.... Plus there is nobody else. Unless sir alex fancies it

Ha ha yes send for Sir Alex, Moyes might also be a good shout I reckon.

Edited by Clyde Ultra

I think that Strachan is going to resign after Gibraltar game, the fact that he is remaining "silent", " tightlipped" and "coy" on his future is the giveaway, if he intended on sticking around I think he would have said so when asked.

As for who would replace him, oddschecker have Joe Jordan as 4/1 favourite followed by Graeme Souness and Paul Lambert 6/1 joint second favourites.

Joe Jordan would be my choice.

But I really hope I am wrong about Gordon.

Why would you sack him for managing a 3rd rate team?

He's done the best he could as far as I am concerned, the self belief is not there when it matters, Scotland are not a great team, there even worse when faced with the "have to win games"

Very little a coach can do about a national culture......this does not just stop at sport bytheway......