Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors. - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors.

Gwidon1308

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on.

On the way to the game last night a WPC spotted a Scotland fan drinking out of a can whilst walking to the ground so she removed it from him. As he walked away he said "well done, you'll get a promotion for that". No swearing and some mild banter. She decides to give him a fixed penalty for it. She could have done it right away for the can but only did it as he was cheeky.

Compare that to the Police "response " to the Polish fans. Utterly useless.

I'll be making a formal complaint to the SFA and Police Scotland and unless others do too there's absolutely no chance of anything changing.

To be fair to the polis in question, the guys done himself no favours.

To use a football analogy, he's got off with a poor tackle, then talked his way into the book.

Did see police confiscating drink from poles on the way in too and was quite happy with the common sense approach, as zero tolerance would've been impossible to impose.

Agree with the broader point though.

Poles to the right of me and to the left and behind me in the South Upper.

Loud and proud and not a hint of bother and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience if not the depressing last 20 mins of the game.

Most Poles were mildly drunk, dressed in national colours giving it laldy as they sat amongst the home support.......just like me in Paris.

Loud and proud and not a hint of bother and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience if not the depressing last 20 mins of the game.

Most Poles were mildly drunk, dressed in national colours giving it laldy as they sat amongst the home support.......just like me in Paris.

Good to hear stories like that, and hope that's how our hosts feel under similar circumstances....

I'd say based on the general tone of the thread you landed lucky mind you?

Would be interesting to hear the views of some of our hosts? Are we friendly, jovial etc. or if you've got kids with you and don't understand the lingo are we drunk, aggressive sounding nuisances?

Lucky you.

I am just angry that it took the police until just before half time to appear. Poles blocking the ailes ignoring the stewards and standing in front of us in the front row ignoring us completely when we asked them to move. I didn't want to push it cos didn't know what they would do.

Steward to scared to do anything and refusing to get the police.

I have been to many many Scotland games home and away and have not seen bawnaggery like it!

Being in the front row of the SS Upper I really wasn't keen on having them surrounding me!!

I was in South Upper and liked the atmosphere they brought but was far enough to not be bothered by flares or any antics so it did not really affect me.

It does make you think though that Home fans must get pissed off by Tartan Army who go in their end for our away games especially when we are full of drink and "banter".

The Poles in city centre did all look shaven headed and on the roids walking around with a good drink in them. My wife said she was not keen on them but you could lump that in with football fans or stag dos. Any groups of men can be intimidating for anyone.

I was in South Upper and liked the atmosphere they brought but was far enough to not be bothered by flares or any antics so it did not really affect me.

It does make you think though that Home fans must get pissed off by Tartan Army who go in their end for our away games especially when we are full of drink and "banter".

The Poles in city centre did all look shaven headed and on the roids walking around with a good drink in them. My wife said she was not keen on them but you could lump that in with football fans or stag dos. Any groups of men can be intimidating for anyone.

Shame you couldn't have swapped seats with us because I would be very interested to see what you would have said after having to leave the ground at half time.

:-))

They must have been excited being in Glasgow. The "Graceland" of joggy and trackie bottoms.

Bet they were bouncing about chuffed with their purchases from Sports Direct similar to when the Dortmund shop was (legally) ransacked by Scotland fans with mementos.

I wasn't for moving. I had my buffer zone to protect me. Ironic it being Poland we were playing.

We had no choice. We had no seats Our row was two deap with hooligan types. Maybe you are the big man and I am a big girl but they were intimidating enough that the police didn't want to deal with them.

So I wasn't particularly impressed with the 'atmosphere' they created to be honest.

I take it all those complaining about Poles in the home end have never travelled away with Scotland.I saw no trouble at all and was in the Asda car park after the game with thousands of good Poles.Last night has to be the biggest away support Hampden has ever seen on international night.The majority of Poles added to a fantastic atmosphere.

Sometimes its difficult to put your finger on and sometimes intangible but basically I found all the Poles I encountered and witnessed from relatively close in the West Stand to be less than friendly especially relative to the atmosphere with other away fans...............sorry but that's how it felt.

I would never describe myself as "a big man" in all manner of ways.

I'm sorry you were intimidated. I'm pretty sure I would have been if they were taking up my personal space.

The Police should have sorted it out.

I take it all those complaining about Poles in the home end have never travelled away with Scotland

only away game ive been to was in dortmund ,in the germany end and at times it was embarrasing, jakes shouting about "huns" even when we scored 5 steamers infront of us were so pissed they couldnt even get up to celebrate

I take it all those complaining about Poles in the home end have never travelled away with Scotland.I saw no trouble at all and was in the Asda car park after the game with thousands of good Poles.Last night has to be the biggest away support Hampden has ever seen on international night.The majority of Poles added to a fantastic atmosphere.

I have travelled abroad I am not some inexperienced fearty that complains about every bit of anti social behaviour. As I said I have never experienced the like. It was horrible.