Golfers Forum. - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

• 2 weeks later...

Played the Queens at Gleneagles last week, it was brilliant. Got a game a Dundonald Links on Sunday and Murrayshall the following Sunday. Playing okay just now, but still trying to recover my driving game. It's sort of coming and going. Hitting it well sometimes and other times it's going well right especially with the driver.

Cracking round at Moray Old Course today, and completely out of the blue. Been hitting my drives all over the shop so flattened my backswing a little and concentrated on my left side on the downswing. Out in 36, back in 38. Really chuffed, but it'll all go wrong in the medal tomorrow I'm sure :lol:

you boys are making it difficult for yourself, you walk up to the ball,stand square to it and hit it,if it goes left turn your right hand to the right,if it goes left turn your right hand to the left...simples..

Spoken like a man who's learned everything he knows about golf from his da :lol::ok:

Spoken like a man who's learned everything he knows about golf from his da :lol::ok:

and hazlehead number 1 and 2 courses plus the 9 holer,

and it works, try it ,by over compensating with your hand you can move the ball ,technically they call it a draw and fade ,but of course in golf not everything is what it seems..on certain days

Edited by davierobbsagod

I've walked it a couple of times. Tough track at the best of times,even tougher if the wind is howling.

Good luck.

So I've heard. Looks a cracker though. Played at Scotscraig a few weeks back and it was similar. Great course but very tough.

Annual Scotland - England match. Don't think we have won for 5 years so hopefully the English lads will struggle on the links. :)

Cracking round at Moray Old Course today, and completely out of the blue. Been hitting my drives all over the shop so flattened my backswing a little and concentrated on my left side on the downswing. Out in 36, back in 38. Really chuffed, but it'll all go wrong in the medal tomorrow I'm sure :lol:

That's a cracking course. Tuck your right elbow in to help you flatten it.

• 1 month later...

Top Flite XL, Penfolds and the odd Pinnacle, ya cheeky fecker.

In all seriousness, the best ball I ever hit was Tour Edition by Spalding. Greg Norman used them.

I remember it very well. I think it was originally balata but then some sort of zinthane? Top class ball in it's day - maybe only rivalled by the Titleist Tour Balata. For some reason, when a junior, I used to like Ultra's - when distance was everything and control was an utter irrelevance.

My hunt for a decent affordable ball goes on though last few weeks of the season played with (found) ProV1s and found them not only to be excellent to play with but very durable, however the thought of spending £3 on one then send it flying into tyne Union Canal will stop me from from actually buying any.

My hunt for a decent affordable ball goes on though last few weeks of the season played with (found) ProV1s and found them not only to be excellent to play with but very durable, however the thought of spending £3 on one then send it flying into tyne Union Canal will stop me from from actually buying any.

I'm with you LM, I can't justify paying £3 a ball.

I use a seller on eBay called mailordergolf who deal in good quality second hand golf balls. Buying 100 Titleist Pro Vs comes in at £126 and I've never had any issue with the quality of the balls I've bought from them.

I'm with you LM, I can't justify paying £3 a ball.

I use a seller on eBay called mailordergolf who deal in good quality second hand golf balls. Buying 100 Titleist Pro Vs comes in at £126 and I've never had any issue with the quality of the balls I've bought from them.

I agree refurb balls are usually spot on.

I remember it very well. I think it was originally balata but then some sort of zinthane? Top class ball in it's day - maybe only rivalled by the Titleist Tour Balata. For some reason, when a junior, I used to like Ultra's - when distance was everything and control was an utter irrelevance.

Great shout. It was Zinthane. Auld Bob Torrance told me (when I could actually play the game), they were the best balls ever made

Get refurbished ones. Good as new although probably have a slightly shorter life (not an issue with me as they find new home in the ####in gorse soon enough :angry: ). Around 28 quid for two dozen from various ebay sellers.