Nasa Mars Announcenent - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nasa Mars Announcenent

More evidence of water probably, but maybe more? Interesting read here

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/09/27/mars_news_nasa_will_make_a_big_announcement.html

And don't forget to look out tonights total lunar eclipse. Miss this one and you wont get another one like it until 2033.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/09/23/lunar_eclipse_september_2015_eclipse_is_the_last_one_for_a_while.html

Also watching the super blood moon eclipse !!

Genuinely rare...I presume they happen once every Saros cycle ? Or maybe not.

But anyway when it does happen so infrequently AND is ovee the UK this time AND we actually have clear skies ro watch in full from start to finish, this really has to be a once in a lifetime event ...!!

And the moon is definitely looking super bright white right now !! Eclipse commencing in a few minutes :)

I thought it was a bit of a disappointment in terms of colour. Not as deep red as I was expecting. I think that might be due to the fact that, for us, it was so high in the sky. I am guessing that it would be a much stronger colour for folk watching from the Americas, where the moon was closer to the horizon?

Still really good to watch the shadow slowly creep across the surface of the moon though. Then it seemed to stay as a tiny cresent for ages.

I thought it was a bit of a disappointment in terms of colour. Not as deep red as I was expecting. I think that might be due to the fact that, for us, it was so high in the sky. I am guessing that it would be a much stronger colour for folk watching from the Americas, where the moon was closer to the horizon?

Still really good to watch the shadow slowly creep across the surface of the moon though. Then it seemed to stay as a tiny cresent for ages.

Saw the crescent too, wasnt that exciting.