Ajax Vs Celtic - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ajax Vs Celtic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that mob have never won anything worth talking about. Why don't you remind me about their big budget again? Fascinating stuff

This is fun, but I'll let you concentrate on your own teams problems rather than worrying about the best team in Scotland.

Good point by the way :ok:

This is fun, but I'll let you concentrate on your own teams problems rather than worrying about the best team in Scotland.

Good point by the way :ok:

A point away at a team with European pedigree with 10 men. Yes, thanks those are the kind of problems im happy with. Edited by slasher

He should be been hooked before it happened but yeah, he is a clown.

I'd have taken a point before the match. This group will be interesting.

Can't keep hooking folk cos they've been booked. Idiots should know to stay on their feet at that level.

As an Ajax season ticket holder of 10 years plus I will agree with Rossy in this case, the current Ajax team are utter pish. I can't find one Ajax fan who says otherwise. At least in the past there was a few players you can imagine playing at a much higher level, this current Ajax side I can see maybe one or two at most.

Good point for Celtic but don't be deluded that you are playing a top side. You werent and neither side is and that's why both are playing in the Europa League.

As an Ajax season ticket holder of 10 years plus I will agree with Rossy in this case, the current Ajax team are utter pish. I can't find one Ajax fan who says otherwise. At least in the past there was a few players you can imagine playing at a much higher level, this current Ajax side I can see maybe one or two at most.

Good point for Celtic but don't be deluded that you are playing a top side. You werent and neither side is and that's why both are playing in the Europa League.

So we are not top sides because we are in the Europa league? That must mean the ones that didn't even make it in must be utter pish lol Edited by slasher

So we are not top sides because we are in the Europa league? That must mean the ones that didn't even make it in must be utter pish lol

I don't care about teams who didn't qualify for Europa League but if you honestly think Ajax are a quality side then you are welcome to your opinion. As an Ajax fan I will disagree.

And yes, neither is a top side. If they were they would have beat decidedly average teams in the Champions League qualifiers and been playing the last 2 nights instead of tonight in this competition

He should be been hooked before it happened but yeah, he is a clown.

I'd have taken a point before the match. This group will be interesting.

Can't keep hooking folk cos they've been booked. Idiots should know to stay on their feet at that level.

Agreed you can't keep hooking folk on bookings but he should have been bright enough to realise he had used his get out of jail free card just 2 min earlier for a similar challenge.

Gordon looked fine tonight until he got caught in no mans land with their header which hit the post. Seemed to knock his confidence.

Not sure what to make of the free kick. WGS said it was undefendable but from my admittedly non footballing knowledge it just looks like another where the keeper should be coming and cleaning everything out. Maybe WGS is right, maybe he just won't slate on of his squad on TV?

Boyata again looked like a centre back who can't play centre back as he seems to not be able to win balls in the air. It's saying something that Ambrose looked more solid in 20 mins while facing Ajax pressure than Boyata had all game.

What about Viktor Fischer? Was he not meant to be next big thing a couple season ago? Good goal tonight.

I don't care about teams who didn't qualify for Europa League but if you honestly think Ajax are a quality side then you are welcome to your opinion. As an Ajax fan I will disagree.

And yes, neither is a top side. If they were they would have beat decidedly average teams in the Champions League qualifiers and been playing the last 2 nights instead of tonight in this competition

I never said they were anything mate you're the one trying to educate us all. Think they're better than the also rans of say Azerbaijan? Go on tell us

What about Viktor Fischer? Was he not meant to be next big thing a couple season ago? Good goal tonight.

Fischer was rated a couple of seasons back but suffered a bad injury 2 seasons ago and he was out for over a year. Just finding his way back into the team but looks to have lost some of his sharpness. Whether he will ever fulfill his potential is a matter of time