Injury Watch - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

kmcca5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually settle for Fletcher getting a wee injury. Nothing serious. just enough to keep him out of this double header.

He is absolutely $h1te but I think he may have pictures of WGS riding Mark McGhee's mrs. It's the only explanation I can think of.

I'd actually settle for Fletcher getting a wee injury. Nothing serious. just enough to keep him out of this double header.

He is absolutely $h1te but I think he may have pictures of WGS riding Mark McGhee's mrs. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Everyone has them got them free with last ssc membership

I don't understand why you are saying we won't miss Mulgrew and I don't know why GS has been playing him at the back.

He has done a good job for us at the back but I think he has been our best centre midfielder and is the only player who

can take a set piece.

We can't select players only because they had 1 or 2 good games. Maloney offers nothing (or nearly), no creativity, no speed. He's not alone in this case, but we can't keep playing him only because he scored 2 goals and gave 3 assists...

I won't miss Mulgrew at left back. Agree he was not too bad in mildfield.

Edited by McVinceSCT

I don't understand why you are saying we won't miss Mulgrew and I don't know why GS has been playing him at the back.

He has done a good job for us at the back but I think he has been our best centre midfielder and is the only player who

can take a set piece.

I wouldnt deny he has played well for club if you say so, but I dont think he has played well for Scotland, and cant keep carrying him. A few months ago I would also have agreed with you on set pieces, but he has not been delivering in the last few games. And I cant remember the last time I rated Fletcher up front for us.

Just to add, dont think Mulgrew is the only one, just using the names mentioned by OP.

Edited by BlueGaz

We can't select players only because they had 1 or 2 good games. Maloney offers nothing (or nearly), no creativity, no speed. He's not alone in this case, but we can't keep playing him only because he scored 2 goals and gave 3 assists...

He can maybe count though.

can take a set piece.

Mulgrew's set pieces in the last two games were utter $h1te. Every single one of them.

can take a set piece.

Agree. Our best performances this campaign have arguably come when Mulgrew been in centre mid beside Brown. He has ability on the ball and is technically very good. Draws a lot of fouls and doesn't give the ball away much, does the simple stuff well. Thought he was brilliant at home to Ireland. Him and Brown would be my first choice for Poland, wouldn't be too disappointed with Brown and Fletcher in there though.

He's one of Strachans favourites and thats why hes in the squad. However I do think hes shite

Assuming you're talking about Fletcher, the reason he's one of Strachan's favourites is because of the job he does for the team. He's not a Kris-Boyd-scores-buckets-of-goals-but-little-else player. Like Kris Boyd, he wouldn't be in the team if he was because Scotland don't have the luxury of selecting lazy poachers because they wouldn't get the ball. It's same reason Kenny Miller got nearly 50 caps.

Edited by adamntg

Fletcher may not have turned out to be the goalscoring CF we had all hoped, but he could certainly find the net earlier in his career, but to call him shite is beyond stupid. The guys touch and technique stands out from everyone on our team with exception of Maloney. He is not lazy either, ran his arse off chasing lost causes against Germans. Yes he is very left footed, but in the same way as the vast majority of our right footers can only use one foot. But, his job is to score goals primarily as a striker which he had not done so on that basis it might be time to try someone else, but it's poor form rather than being shite that should see him make way. I still think he is our best option but couldn't argue with him getting dropped.

Fletcher may not have turned out to be the goalscoring CF we had all hoped, but he could certainly find the net earlier in his career, but to call him shite is beyond stupid. The guys touch and technique stands out from everyone on our team with exception of Maloney. He is not lazy either, ran his arse off chasing lost causes against Germans. Yes he is very left footed, but in the same way as the vast majority of our right footers can only use one foot. But, his job is to score goals primarily as a striker which he had not done so on that basis it might be time to try someone else, but it's poor form rather than being shite that should see him make way. I still think he is our best option but couldn't argue with him getting dropped.

Agree with most of that apart from him scoring in his early career. His return as a striker is alarmingly poor.

Don't have stats to hand but I remember him scoring most of Sunderlands goals when he signed and thought he did ok at Wolves? Maybe was just a purple patch though and I'd never call him prolific. Is excellent at turning provider though and a lot of his passes/touches allow anya to be the effective player he can be. Doesn't deserve a lot of the idiotic statements he receives on here, he is of course wide open to criticism as a goal scorer but to be branded utter shite? Holy shit.