Aberdeen V Hamilton - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Hamilton

Yet absolutely nowhere near your levels as im sure most will agree

Aberdeen have home advantage coming off the back of beating Celtic

Accies coming off the back of a slippering from St Johnstone

A penalty decides the outcome of the game

Aberdeen with home support have 9 Shots on goal - 6 on target and 54% possession

Accies have 8 shots on goal - 3 on target and 46% possession

You can make all the excuses you like but while your win was deserved and you were the better team (see that ?) there aint no massive gulf - there isnt between many teams in the SPL

We'll see how you do at NDP in a few weeks time. Im sure the massive gulf will be evident in that game ?

I never understood the need to embrace the North American obsession for stats/plays in our game

Call me old fashioned

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone claim there was a massive gulf?

Yes a few weeks ago - believe it was around the time Accies thumped Dundee Utd

It was stated that Dundee Utd (and Aberdeen incidentally) losing to "a club like" Accies in that fashion was quite unacceptable

I suggested that in todays Scottish Football with not only the standard of football being played but also the ability level of player each club currently has at their disposal ,outwith Celtic, there wasnt that massive a gulf

I was called a Clown for suggesting this

Yes a few weeks ago - believe it was around the time Accies thumped Dundee Utd

It was stated that Dundee Utd (and Aberdeen incidentally) losing to "a club like" Accies in that fashion was quite unacceptable

I suggested that in todays Scottish Football with not only the standard of football being played but also the ability level of player each club currently has at their disposal ,outwith Celtic, there wasnt that massive a gulf

I was called a Clown for suggesting this

Ally Bongo does does like a circus act though.

Am just back down the road in Glasgow after being up at the game. Aberdeen should have put the game to bed long before having to endure a very nervy last 10 minutes tonight. We missed a couple of good chances, hit the bar and McGovern pulled off a brilliant point blank save from a header. When big Ash Taylor went off with a head wound and Rooney dropped back to centre half I think Hamilton thought they could get something. No idea who the big number 44 was for accies but he caused big problems due to his height. Still, another clean sheet, 3 more points in the bag and a resilient performance tonight. Couldn't see how busy the Merkland was but I thought about 13500 there tonight. Not too bad.

Only game I've missed was Kairat away and I can't get a ticket for Sunday. Anyone got a spare ticket or know of any going?

Only game I've missed was Kairat away and I can't get a ticket for Sunday. Anyone got a spare ticket or know of any going?

That's a pisser - onewilliemiller (banned) has blagged a ticket for Tynecastle despite rarely going to a Dandies game (actually paying for a ticket is an even greater rarity) - I've already told him he's depriving a real fan of the chance to go. Edited by Charlie Endell

I get the impression that people just deliberately make things up.....things like we think that there's a gulf between the teams and that we all want fans of other clubs to support us. And they keep on repeating these things as if they believe them... :lol:

Anyway, away from that drivel. Last night was always going to be our hardest game of the season....coming down from Saturday with a home game we're expected to win against a 'smaller' (no offence Ally) team is the kind of game where we've dropped points for years now.

Hamilton were organised and hard-working and very difficult to break down, and I'm convinced that playing Flood disrupts the balance of the team to the point that he almost negates McLean and Jack. It was probably our worst performance of the season, but a good 3 points.

We'll have to be much, much better on Sunday though.

For some reason Aberdeen didn't look as hungry to win the ball and the match was almost as tense as the Celtic game when it should have ben put to bed.

But 3 points is 3 points and Deek is looking hotter than ever :wub: so all is good :)

Hamilton were organised and hard-working and very difficult to break down, and I'm convinced that playing Flood disrupts the balance of the team to the point that he almost negates McLean and Jack.

As soon as I saw Flood was starting I had a knot in my stomach.

Yet absolutely nowhere near your levels as im sure most will agree

Aberdeen have home advantage coming off the back of beating Celtic

Accies coming off the back of a slippering from St Johnstone

A penalty decides the outcome of the game

Aberdeen with home support have 9 Shots on goal - 6 on target and 54% possession

Accies have 8 shots on goal - 3 on target and 46% possession

You can make all the excuses you like but while your win was deserved and you were the better team (see that ?) there aint no massive gulf - there isnt between many teams in the SPL

We'll see how you do at NDP in a few weeks time. Im sure the massive gulf will be evident in that game ?

The last time we were at NDP we won 3-0, had 2 goals wrongly disallowed and absolutely shagged Hamilton. Does that mean we're miles better than them? No, because folk with a scooby judge teams over a long period of time, rather than just one game... Last season Bradford pumped Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge? Are they a better team? Of course not. Anything can happen in a one off game, that's kind of why we actually play the games!

In 2015 Hamilton have won 8 leagues games out of 27. In 2015 Aberdeen have won 18 out of 27 (that's including the last 3 of last season when we'd chucked it). Last season we got 22 points more than Hamilton. This season we already have 11 points more. Aberdeen are a far better team than Hamilton. Just like Hamilton are a far better team than, for example, St Mirren. That's not demeaning to Hamilton, it's just the way it is.

But hey, Hamilton had 46% possession last night...