October Squad. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October Squad.

saintlyscot

Daily Record reporting today that Graeme Shinnie is set for his first call up - he limped off against Hibs on Wednesday night but his injury is reportedly not as bad as first feared and he could play for the Dons tomorrow in Inverness.

Happy about that. Versatile and much improved this season. Would also call up Mclean.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy about that. Versatile and much improved this season. Would also call up Mclean.

Don't think McLean's ready yet and there's too many players ahead of him in his position.

Shinnie fully deserved if it happens.

Don't think McLean's ready yet and there's too many players ahead of him in his position.

But we don't have many players that can spot a pass and create/score a goal in the final 3rd. That's why I would defo have him in squad for Poland. The front 4 just ain't working.

It's good that Shinnie's going to be in there. Should see Forsyth drop out.

No doubt there'll be a few predictable voices in the media greetin when Lee Wallace isn't called up :wave:

Derek Johnstone, the most bitter person in the media, will lead the voices of "disgust".

Tom Cairney has done well since his move to Fulham

Tom cairney has done well at Blackburn and then Fulham and was a standout at u21 level for us. Amazed he hasn't had a look in at the main squad. He is the complete midfielder. A class player who will play at a very high level in the game.

John_B81, on 25 Sept 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Agree on both counts but think Ryan Jack deserves it even more than Shinnie.

Are we expecting a squad announcement this morning?

Agree on both counts but think Ryan Jack deserves it even more than Shinnie.

Are we expecting a squad announcement this morning?

No indication of time but definitely today.

Shinnie needs to be in. Jack I agree on but Strachan will stick to his usuals I expect.

Please no James Forrest...

I wonder if Ryan Fraser might be worth including, particularly with an eye on the Gibraltar match.

I'd include him.

I'd pick the 15-17 players I have in mind for Poland and then fill the squad with players I'd be looking at for the next campaign.

If things go wrong in the Poland match, stick the new players (Shinnie, Jack, Fraser, McDonald, Watt et al) in against Gibraltar.

u21's have some pretty big qualifiers this month, so can not see Strachan dipping to much into the U21 team.

If he does, will be one, maybe 2, at the most.

U21 squad also announced tomorrow, so if it's done first thing it might give a good idea of Strachans squad.

Edited by wanderer